Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I’m new to My Audi Q5 and would like to seek advise from the members regarding having a tow bar fitted to my 2019 Q5 4.0 S-Line.
I asked my local Audi dealership and was advised on a 6-9 month wait for fitting but also having an after market version fitted may affect my warranty.
I would like either a detachable or swivel type, so it’s not seen when not in use.
Does anyone have experience of tow bar fitting and warranty issues?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had an aftermarket Westfalia detachable towbar fitted to my 2018 3.0 Q5. Mark from South West In Car Tech fitted it, he's very conscientious and knowledgeable man. He has also remapped it, installed my dash cam and a coolant pre-heater.
Its not affected my warranty as warranty work has been done by the local main agent.
I've had no issues towing our caravan and when detached there are no indications a towbar has been fitted.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,219 Posts
Plus if Audi dealer is aware of your mods they sometimes will note it in the electronic service log e.g. engine tune! So even if you later remove it they will have a record of it to void your warranty of the failed part if caused by the mod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts