Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Tried to out run a new ST Fiesta ironically today in the SQ and it was nailed to the bumper.. (rolling)
The AM style grill did look good in the mirror.

Looking forward to the insight and solid consumer advice - it will no doubt help with the RSs up and coming replacement selection.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Lord Grantham drives a Q5! Jez doesn't like them...

Maybe he will join up here!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Also - my view on the Fiesta...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'm also more and more sure your SQ is broken...

So the ST is 1.1 tons and has 180bhp/290nm, the SQ 1.9 tons and has 310bhp/650nm - on paper the SQ should DESTROY the ST!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Or other drivers have their heads in clouds?

ROLLING - its was not a traffic lights GP (i was clear on that) where you can put the SQ into LC mode and its not a race unto 300mph!
Normal roads, normal speeds, car was low on fuel (1/4 with 3 people) - there was nothing in it 20 - 65. Paper counts for nothing. This is real world. (in S mode)

Performance of the SQ has been measured and posted - you can always try by just plugging in your VAGCOM for a compare.
I need to try none LC run with VAGCOM to see what the numbers are, but i'd "guess" 6.
But the likely reasons is gearing, SQ needs to change gears, id guess the ford was in the right part of the rev counter - if it was to 100, no doubt a different outcome.

Oh and i didn't see that coming from JC.
I just don't see what else on the market looks better than the Q5, but each to their own.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Add a corner or two and the ST will have you for sure...
I was TBH thinking drag style.

Jez's opinion is shared by less and less of the general population I've decided! As you say, there aren't many real contenders to the Q5 (but we already know that!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts