Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My experience of this dealership is not good. They are an Inchcape operation.

I ordered an Audi SQ5 on May 27th 2013 - I was told that I would have a car in late August 2013 or September 2013. On that basis I did a deal with them. Turns out that this dealer had no allocation of SQ5 cars to sell in May and put my order into the system on July 8th 2013. I was then advised of a delivery date in late 2013 or early 2014.

No alternative or compensation was suggested despite my escalation to Audi UK to find out what had happened.

I'm led to conclude they they may have been lying to me from the start.

I'd try elsewhere or a different brand.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
It's so frustrating that some dealers feel the need to operate in this way...

Really spoils what is otherwise a great brand.

If you are set on an SQ5 and not too worried about specific spec you should will probably be able to find one on a forecourt somewhere if you shop around. Be prepare to pay close to list though as demand is so high.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
877 Posts
Perhaps if you have documentary evidence (email etc) that you ordered on the basis of a delivery date in X month, you have reason to cancel the order with full refund?

I specified on email that I was ordering on the basis of delivery in X month when I negotiated...

·
Registered
50 Posts
How do you confirm the dealer has placed the order? Mine, also inchscape so far has given bare bones type paperwork and none of the build week type confirmations

When I asked if order had been placed they just replied saying it had, doubt starting to creep in now

·
Registered
42 Posts
My experience of this dealership is not good. They are an Inchcape operation.

I ordered an Audi SQ5 on May 27th 2013 - I was told that I would have a car in late August 2013 or September 2013. On that basis I did a deal with them. Turns out that this dealer had no allocation of SQ5 cars to sell in May and put my order into the system on July 8th 2013. I was then advised of a delivery date in late 2013 or early 2014.

No alternative or compensation was suggested despite my escalation to Audi UK to find out what had happened.

I'm led to conclude they they may have been lying to me from the start.

I'd try elsewhere or a different brand.
Tonbridge were happy to sell me a pre-facelift model Q5 - in fact trying very hard to without actually mentioning the facelift was due out. Luckily I already knew this and the salesman was very sheepish when questioned on this. They did nothing to compete with my brokers price, and were very unhelpful on the sales side. After sales and service has been fantastic though. They dealt with a warranty claim for something that was missed on the supplying dealers PDI no problem. However a friend has had more than one bad experience on the service side.

They want your cash I guess and will tell every tale to get it. Legally if a date was specified in contract you have a get out for breach of contract. If not ramp it up, make time the essence of the contract based on what you were previously told and threaten legal action if they are not refunding deposit etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts