Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I think you'll find its fairly neutral, some insurance companies insist, others don't decrease the quote if you have one fitted. It's debateable if one wants a vehicle back that's been stolen, probably damaged in the process and then ragged down the road...

·
Registered
80 Posts
a lot of money IMO. If your car is stolen would you really want it back? My only advise is whether or not you do have one fitted,don't publise the fact.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Not bother, unless its mandated by the insurance company i wouldn't bother.
If you planned to keep the car you are better off with the 3year plan.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Agree with the above, unless you have to get one, don't.

Spend the money on Gap insurance instead. That way, if it gets pinched you get another one instead of the one that has been defiled by scrotes.

·
Registered
814 Posts
As I just mentioned in a different thread, isn't one of these a decent way to reduce the necessity of a tracker?
http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/

·
Registered
23 Posts
(Disklok) I have had one of these (one for each car now) since 1999 (RS2000 4x4) ungainly a bit of a pain to put on (always cover the wheel with a cloth first) but a great deter ant (used on various BMW m Cars Mercedes AMG etc etc even a lowly fiesta) but always give me piece of mind
With regards to tracker insurance company mandate on both of our cars

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I used to always have fitted,for peace of mind,but now I don't bother I spend the money on gap instead,half the price and no monthly subscription 😄

1 - 8 of 8 Posts