Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the SLine's have carpet wheel arches rather than plastic to help with sound deadening. But having given my Q5 it's first proper wash, these are a nightmare to clean and retain mud, straw, twigs you name it even after getting the karcher on them.

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning before I contact Audi?

Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This made me chuckle, imagine calling Audi to ask for advice on cleaning the wheel arches! 'Here, Dave, I've got this Q5 owner here asking me for tips on cleaning his wheel arches'. You'll give us a bad name

Seriously though, just get your valeter to use his high powered jet wash on them. Mine got done this morning and are spotless.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Treacle,
the best way of cleaning the wheel arches is to get a long handled brush like Mothers wheel arch brush and wet the inside of the wheel arches with either a pressur ewsher or hose to soak off the dirt. Brush the wheel arches from top to bottom and hose off and that will remove an amazing amount of junk off them.

Other option is to invest in a snow foamer like a Gilmour and snow foam the crud out of the wheel arches. This will remove most of the road debris!

hope this helps.

any problems please PM me.

Ronan

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mine are sort of carpet material. I've power washed them twice so far, they look clean enough. Perhaps I have less pile on mine as it's only an SE?

·
Banned
489 Posts
I ordered a silver 80/12 wool twist as it would match the paintwork and be durable too.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Snow foam work great, also just purchased some "Wheel Wollies" comes in 3 sets and is a great idea fantastic for alloys and all sorts of area's, has anyone tried these ??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, I've got a set of wheel woolies. I only seem to use the largest brush though, great for getting around the back of wheel spokes. Not found use for other two brushes yet.

Regarding the cleaning of wheel arches, I find snow foam and pressure wash get 95% of the dirt out and this is fine for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts