Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that's missing off our car is tinted windows, has anyone had the film fitted? Is it quite hard wearing (got dogs, wondered if it will get scratched easily).
Just looking to get the same level of tint as factory fitted, anyone know what sort of percentage that is?
Thanks for any advice
Nicky

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi, I had aftermarket tints, the place I used is the same as the one our local dealer uses for their used cars. The tint I went for was 20% although Audi factory is lighter, 35% I think. We also have an ML with factory tinted windows - both factory and aftermarket will damage if scratched, their is a certain amount of toughness to them but a dog scratching at the back window would rip holes in it. It depends on your dogs really, ours just lick the windows

A golf bag in the ML pierced a 5cm hole in the factory fitted tints. The corner of a cadboard box holding a tv took a chunk out of the Q5 rear window tint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got mine done on Saturday and loving them already. Decided on the 20% and spent the whole time before we got it back thinking I'd made a mistake, it would be too dark. Its not, theyre brilliant, can still see out for Parking etc. It's almost like that two way glass, you can see out but not in.
Roll on the summer
Thanks for your help
Nicky

·
Registered
529 Posts
Got mine done on Saturday and loving them already. Decided on the 20% and spent the whole time before we got it back thinking I'd made a mistake, it would be too dark. Its not, theyre brilliant, can still see out for Parking etc. It's almost like that two way glass, you can see out but not in.
Roll on the summer
Thanks for your help
Nicky
Worst thing I had fitted to any car was after market window tints. Maybe it was because like you I went for a darker shade, they were so dangerous at night.
For the last two cars I have purchased Sonniboy window blinds which are fab. No problem with seeing at night and that's even with them fitted over factory tinted windows (made the windows look completely black from the outside) and they are cheaper than tinting via film plus you can sell them on afterwards. German made and the rear hatch is a single piece blind instead of a 2 section piece sold by others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts