Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a vagcom value for the timeout on the reversing camera? It seems to spend an age in (rear) camera mode when going forwards..... its either triggered on a forward speed or a time value. In my TT RS it just switched off immediately you took it out of reverse....

I also investigated using a Q7 front camera as a retrofit, but so far I've had quotes of £1.5k & £2k, so I think I will give that a miss

·
Banned
842 Posts
I'm assuming its the same as the parking sensors and it switches off once you are above 10/15mph...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
It turns off at about ~10mph in the forward direction. I prefer this as I want the front sensors on when going slowly forward again in many parking situations... (and as the camera/sensors are not independently controlled you don't have the choice to turn just them on)
I would guess your TTRS didn't have front sensors so it was pointless having the camera/rear sensors on once you are no longer in reverse?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
TTRS is not available with rear camera or front parking sensors, so it's not a direct comparison.
You can always press the button to close the view.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Granted TT RS is not available with rear camera, but it is an easy retrofit and coding. I can see why the sensors are left on whilst going forwards, jiggling back and forth, but to me having the rear screen on (going forwards) is counter intuitive.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Apparently it is preset and cannot be disabled or changed... bummer

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
If you find it distracting, you can switch it with the button on the dash board

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it is the fact that I'm waiting for it to return me to the nav or media screen which is frustrating, but like you say I could just press the button!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts