Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. I’m new here and have an issue which is driving me insane. I have a q5 2017 with a dsg 7 speed box. It started to feel like the car was stepping out/thudding when turning out of junctions from stand still. And now it makes the same noise when pulling off in a straight line. It feels like it’s comming from the rear. It also does it when it’s put in to manual mode which makes me think it’s not the gear box. I’ve just had the gear box serviced and it still makes to thudding noise up until 5th gear when it’s warmed up. I’ve had the diagnostic onit and nothings come back electrically. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Still Game
5,138 Posts
Welcome to our forum :cool:
Could still be gearbox, as some components are still turning when in neutral. More likely a fault in the transmission system?
I would take it to Audi, they will be able to listen and hopefully locate source of noise when car is running on the ramp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to our forum :cool:
Could still be gearbox, as some components are still turning when in neutral. More likely a fault in the transmission system?
I would take it to Audi, they will be able to listen and hopefully locate source of noise when car is running on the ramp.
I took it there and asked the guy to have a look when they did the gearbox service but said he couldn’t find anything wrong. Sent me the video of under the car and said everything looked mechanically sound.

·
Still Game
5,138 Posts
Why did you get gearbox serviced?

He would not see much by just looking. He could check universal joint for excessive play. Need to start the engine and run it in gear to identify transmission noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why did you get gearbox serviced?

He would not see much by just looking. He could check universal joint for excessive play. Need to start the engine and run it in gear to identify transmission noise.
It was over due the service as they meant to be done at 38,000 miles and mines on 55k 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 - 6 of 6 Posts