Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, great forum.

I'd apprectiate some thoughts on the following spec. With a new arrival on the way I'm looking to upgrade from an A4 Sline black edition to a Q5.

From my research so far it looks like it could be well worthwhile to buy from new and get my exact spec as the discount on a 1 year old model doesn't appear great.

I'm thinking of going for

Sline 2.0TDI 177 S tronic
19inch tyres
Brilliant Black (using the saving from paint to buy the options below)
Light pack
Sound pack (can't do without DAB and B&O having it in the current car)
Storage Pack
Power operated tailgate
Side window blinds

I love the look of the 20's on the Sline plus but i'm concerned about the ride quality given the car purchase is desiged to make things easy with a new baby.

The ride on my A4 with 19inch wheels isn't great but i'm assuming the equivilant on a Q5 should be better.

Any thoughts on this setup?

Considering buying with cash rather than on finance this time - This spec comes out at £37,190. Do you reckon I could haggle this to more like £35k?

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone, great forum.

I'd apprectiate some thoughts on the following spec. With a new arrival on the way I'm looking to upgrade from an A4 Sline black edition to a Q5.

From my research so far it looks like it could be well worthwhile to buy from new and get my exact spec as the discount on a 1 year old model doesn't appear great.

I'm thinking of going for

Sline 2.0TDI 177 S tronic
19inch tyres
Brilliant Black (using the saving from paint to buy the options below)
Light pack
Sound pack (can't do without DAB and B&O having it in the current car)
Storage Pack
Power operated tailgate
Side window blinds

I love the look of the 20's on the Sline plus but i'm concerned about the ride quality given the car purchase is desiged to make things easy with a new baby.

The ride on my A4 with 19inch wheels isn't great but i'm assuming the equivilant on a Q5 should be better.

Any thoughts on this setup?

Considering buying with cash rather than on finance this time - This spec comes out at £37,190. Do you reckon I could haggle this to more like £35k?

Cheers
Go onto online broker orange wheels who offer big discounts and either use them or ask your local dealer to price match it. s-line plus with no extras was in at £33,900.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Avoid non metallic black like the plague!!!!

Save up and get Phantom black instead,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided to add moonlight blue to the spec above.

Went to a couple of main dealers today. First one completely uninterested. Second one I specked up the above after a test drive and asked for a10% discount to match the orange wheels price.

The response was you can't get that price, we can't match it, go and try and ring us back.

I'm in no rush so it will be interesting to see if they call me nearer the end of the quarter. Both dealers where busy with new registrations so may be more amenable later in the month. The first dealer had proactively contacted me to come in and sent texts offering trade in deals so a little surprising to see their lack of interest.

Have to say I love the cars and hate the dealers. All the back and forth with the finance people out the back and flat rate nonsense they try. Looking to buy on cash this time which clearly makes them less interested than on finance.

·
Banned
842 Posts
YOU CAN get the discount mate. Orange Wheels and Drive The Deal are the places to go. You should be aiming for 8-10% If you are a gennuine buyer then a good dealer will give you the discount. Go forth and haggle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you are willing to spend time and phone a few dealers then they will match it or come close. I'm in north east scotland and even tried dealers in north England. Ended up not having too far too travel to get right deal and £2k less than local dealer I went to first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have bought from Derby Audi and take delivery next Friday. They have given me a great deal with around 10% off. Lincoln Audi are also excellent as I asked them for their "best" price which came in slightly better than Derby! I think that it depends on who you talk to Wether you get a good price. I also put two dealers from different organisations against each other to drive the price down! This worked well for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you don't want to haggle face to face or over the phone then try autoebid. I've got near to 10% discount (including autoebid fee). Only issue might be is that you might end up having to travel to a dealer that isn't in your area, this doesn't bother me as I don't mind travelling a couple of hundred miles to save £4k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've given Orange Wheels a try so will see what comes back.

I do like the look of autoebid

I'm assuming that it's only genuine Audi dealers who can supply new cars and will bid? Would I be right in thinking towards quarter end they are more interested in getting a sale at no margin to hit bonus targets etc?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes only registered dealers.

Good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
It worked for me...

The dealer told me they definitely couldn't move from £41k which was about £500 off list price.

I got a quote from drive the deal and went back to the dealer willing to place the order there and then... they matched it - £5k discount just for asking and placing the order there and then.

So - of course I spent some of that discount on a few more extras

·
Registered
522 Posts
Getting 10% discount should be achievable. I paid £36,500 O.T.R. for:

Q5 S-Line Plus 177 STronic
Pan Roof
Heated Seats
Folding Mirrors
Interior Light Package
Storage Package
Rear Bench Seat Plus
Drive Select
Hill Hold Assist
Flat Tyre Monitor
Not forgetting that the Plus comes with Power Tailgate, Met Paint and Rear courtesy glass not forgetting upgraded Technology Pack as standard.
They also chucked in A-Glaze treatment for free.
Seemed a good deal at the time but I did pay cash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all. Just joined this great forum and I need some of your opinions to help me finalise my order in the next week.
Ive decided on the 2.0l tdi s line plus (177bhp) just really stuck on colour. Its between brilliant black solid paint or pearl phantom black or solid ibis white or the metallic glacier white.
Not sure of the pros n cons of metallic over solid. Can anyone help. Also the dealer is trying to sell me A-Glaze which seals the paint work and scotchguards the leather. Its £400 but is it worth it?
Also has anyone got the leather package plus which includes arm rests and instrument cowl and do think it adds to the interior. Lots of questions I know. But when your spending £40000 opinions count. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Colour choice is very much down to you. Black is a popular colour but doesn't look good (clean) for very long - whilst the whites do (is black a 'conceptual' colour - looks good in the prospective purchasers mind but is in a pain in the rear in practice?) . To my eyes some cars just look right in certain colours (Saab 95s always looked perfect in silver to me), and so it is with white - which like silver looks reasonable a lot longer than black does. The dealer I ordered my car through said that Ibis white is by far the most popular colour for the Q5 - and second hand examples move off the forecourt quickly. Now to the £400 for some resin polish question - bluntly put its an age-old motor trade wheeze to increase the profit margin in a car - you get nailed emotionally because you are spending £40k plus on the vehicle and want to give it the best start in life. My honest (I did an apprenticeship in the motor trade 40 years ago) opinion is that you would be better going off to Halfords and buying the materials yourself and saving £350. Lastly - I looked at an S-Line Plus and seriously toyed with the Exclusive Pack (page 49 in the Q5) for a mere £850 you get a coloured interior (breaks up the tomb like interior of a std S-Line), stitched dash cowl etc for not a lot of money - almost a no brainer?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got the phantom black and was considering the Ibis white. Both colours look great when they are clean. Ask yourself the question, how much time would you like to put into the cleaning up or detailing. Black is a little more forgiving, however I think it looks fantastic when it is well presented. I enjoy detailing my car, I would avoid the solid black if you really want the best appearance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got the phantom black and was considering the Ibis white. Both colours look great when they are clean. Ask yourself the question, how much time would you like to put into the cleaning up or detailing. Black is a little more forgiving, however I think it looks fantastic when it is well presented. I enjoy detailing my car, I would avoid the solid black if you really want the best appearance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for your feedback guys much appreciated. Was toying with the exlusive leather two tone does look good. I was also goin to opt for the interior light pack although I thought this would mean ambient lighting like in the merc ml and evoque. Apparently the lights are not led and the foot well lights do not stay on. Do you think I could ask the dealer for this modification when ordering.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi,

I've had a few white cars in my time - everyone always says it gets dirty.....true, but it still always looks like a white car, and so fools people into thinking it's a lot cleaner than it is. Beloved has had silver and now has a black beamer....looks filthy most of the time during the winter, and gets dusty in summer.

Needless to say I have ordered glacier white. But then I have a glacier white Q3 just now!!

J

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cheers J. My head is saying white but my heart is saying black. A week to decide. Do you know if you can specify that you want to pick it up september to get the 63 plate. If the build us 4 to 5 months seems silly not to wait that little bit longer for the new plate

1 - 20 of 39 Posts