Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Shame they didn't put into production the rear end thats in the sketch Snowman. Its very nice otherwise but looks too much like its bigger brother and will it therefore always be viewed as the poor mans Porsche SUV?

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Does look good in that colour,it would b grey 4 me,would b interested to no how much 1 would cost with same spec as my sq,do u no the performance fig 4 the diesel version ?😄

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Certainly doesn't tempt me but I can understand where youre coming from. Will probably wait for Macan S Diesel and so that will come in nicely when the SQ5 is due an upgrade in 2016.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ive not seen any mention of an S Diesel so far which is not unusual for a launch vehicle but in this case i think strange when they can see how well the SQ5 is selling

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I'll certainly go and take a look...and I suspect quite a few other SQ5 owners will too...

·
Registered
706 Posts
As the Macan is the basis of the next Q5 due in 2015, I will probably have to go for the new Q5 prematurely. I expect that Porsche will get the driving dynamics spot on and Audi will copy and tweak it slightly for comfort. I don't fancy the Porsche due to the fewer dealerships and very expensive parts and service. But am sure they will make a cracking car. Lets hope Audi follow their lead, dynamically speaking.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Same here Wilf haven't heard mention of an S Diesel thats why i assume they wil do a similar thing they did with the Cayenne and release it at same time as Turbo S probably a year after production begins.
That's probably a good thing too as it fits at perfect timing for an upgrade in 2016 or so

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think you need to see what the new Q5 looks like before you go for a car that will be at least a couple of years old, and IMHO doesn't look that good, not for a SUV anyway, as Wilf said a poor mans Cayenne.

I think the new Q5 will have some great technology, bold styling and some new innovations. May not suit all, but looking forward to what it looks like, so long it's not in the footsteps of the X3 and X5.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Agreed bonzoboy, was very disappointed with new X5 - but the new Q5 should be a much improved interior etc. for now I'm looking forward to my SQ5 but its nice to know you have a future with Audi

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yeah I'll stick with Audi ray great cars, great build quality great residuals. My SQ is being build tomorrow, had a call on Friday and it's still on track for the 1st Nov hand over.

Really looking forward to that mate.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'm thinking stick with the new Q5 as well. Much cheaper and likely have more boot space as the Macan is pretty pinched back there to get the look.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My wife said something funny ealier actually, she was looking at (actually wait no...i was showing her ;-) ) pictures of the Macan and she hated it, she said and i quote 'it looks like a sports car that has been raised' and now i look at it, it really does!

Bonzoboy i'm very jealous, still on track for week 44 delivery so I assume and will be hoping that we will be getting ours a week after you get yours ;-) remember pics!

·
Registered
877 Posts
The Macan is styled like a Cayenne. My mate has one of those and every time I see it, I can't get over how ugly it is. Personal opinion I know, but I certainly won't be buying one....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Looks like an alien space ship

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Sounds like it will be quite a different machine from the Q5. Will be taking one for a spin for sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts