Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered my New Q5 on the 18th March 2017 and was confirmed by Mexico on the 20th March 2017, so much excitement but to be then told that I couldn't have park assist or 360 degrees parking cameras as they had removed the light and vision pack as well as the driver assistance pack, so gave me a rear view camera as an alternative (hardly a comparison) not happy at all. Build was to start 8th May 2017 but this was a couple of days late but nothing really to moan about.
On the 19th May 2017 my car left Mexico, so after many a google search found out my car was on the Viking Queen Vehicke Carrier heading to Jacksonville, Davisville then to Emden. It arrived in Emden yesterday (4th June 2017) I now have a 12-14 week wait before it gets to the UK because of quality control, not being funny but it took less time to build it from scratch, so what on earth are they up to. So it is going to be into September before I actually get to drive a car I ordered (what will be then) 6 months ago.
If anyone has extra information this would be greatly appreciated.

YourAudi, Audi UK and sales team have literally gave me very little information (very fishy).

Yours Sincerely
One impatient Audi owner ????????

Reactions: Lorcan

·
Registered
218 Posts
So I ordered my New Q5 on the 18th March 2017 and was confirmed by Mexico on the 20th March 2017, so much excitement but to be then told that I couldn't have park assist or 360 degrees parking cameras as they had removed the light and vision pack as well as the driver assistance pack, so gave me a rear view camera as an alternative (hardly a comparison) not happy at all. Build was to start 8th May 2017 but this was a couple of days late but nothing really to moan about.
On the 19th May 2017 my car left Mexico, so after many a google search found out my car was on the Viking Queen Vehicke Carrier heading to Jacksonville, Davisville then to Emden. It arrived in Emden yesterday (4th June 2017) I now have a 12-14 week wait before it gets to the UK because of quality control, not being funny but it took less time to build it from scratch, so what on earth are they up to. So it is going to be into September before I actually get to drive a car I ordered (what will be then) 6 months ago.

YourAudi, Audi UK and sales team have literally gave me very little information (very fishy).

Yours Sincerely
If all that info is true, then I think your car will hold the record for delivery time from order!!!!

Are you sure your car actually left on a ship on 19th May or was it a case that it just left the factory? When Audi UK say it is 'in transit from the factory', the car still needs to reach the port, be released to ship and then actually leave the port!

Turnaround time in Emden seems to differ greatly. Mine took around a week, others 7 weeks or longer I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Unfortunately I think I am "winning" that one! Order placed 16th November and still no date for collection :)
Undoubtedly mate! Yours will turn up once just as they announce the facelift ????

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey Chaz, yup you'll see a few threads here with regards these delays but other than a few issues I don't think there's a single owner on here who isn't loving their car right now...

So I ordered my New Q5 on the 18th March 2017 and was confirmed by Mexico on the 20th March 2017,
That's quick...3 weeks on from ordering and yet to hear about an order number - think someone had posted Audi stopped 'processing orders' whilst they caught up. They also delayed launch of MY18 cars to at least week 28 when rest of Audi range converted as normal on week 22.

so much excitement but to be then told that I couldn't have park assist or 360 degrees parking cameras as they had removed the light and vision pack as well as the driver assistance pack, so gave me a rear view camera as an alternative (hardly a comparison) not happy at all. Build was to start 8th May 2017 but this was a couple of days late but nothing really to moan about.
I thought this only recently changed for MY18 cars which aren't even being built yet...

Make sure you also get a refund for these packs and just pay for rear camera. Did you order Comfort and Sound pack at all as the rear camera is part of that now.

Yours Sincerely
Agree not great but looks like they underestimated the Mexican adventure but like I said it's worth the wait and we will be lucky to see our car this year! ????????

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ransman - When was your build date? Mine was week 11 and reached dealer on 25th May.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If all that info is true, then I think your car will hold the record for delivery time from order!!!!

Are you sure your car actually left on a ship on 19th May or was it a case that it just left the factory? When Audi UK say it is 'in transit from the factory', the car still needs to reach the port, be released to ship and then actually leave the port!

Turnaround time in Emden seems to differ greatly. Mine took around a week, others 7 weeks or longer I think.

Well my YourAudi account said that it was on it's way on the 19th May 2017, and I had a look at vehicle carriers that were leaving for the ports mentioned on YourAudi account, so I guessed it was that vehicle carrier and have followed it for the past week or so. I could be wrong and have a longer wait but the dealer said it was on it's way and it takes 15 weeks from leaving Mexico, so I have sort of filled the blanks myself due to lack of information from Audi.
Can't believe that others have to wait even longer, I honestly don't know how everyone is coping ha ha

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ransman - When was your build date? Mine was week 11 and reached dealer on 25th May.
Build week commencing 6th April, then in quality control until 30th May, then left factory 31st May heading to the port, hope you have better luck with Audi UK customer service who rung to update me today (did not know what the status of my vehicle was, I told her) all they could advise was an estimated delivery of July or August.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Chad, yup you'll see a few threads here with regards these delays but other than a few issues I don't think there's a single owner on here who isn't loving their car right now...

That's quick...3 weeks on from ordering and yet to hear about an order number - think someone had posted Audi stopped 'processing orders' whilst they caught up. They also delayed launch of MY18 cars to at least week 28 when rest of Audi range converted as normal on week 22.

I thought this only recently changed for MY18 cars which aren't even being built yet...

Make sure you also get a refund for these packs and just pay for rear camera. Did you order Comfort and Sound pack at all as the rear camera is part of that now.

Agree not great but looks like they underestimated the Mexican adventure but like I said it's worth the wait and we will be lucky to see our car this year! í ½í±í ¼í¿¼
Yeah I ordered all the packs, they changed the packs the week after I ordered and something to do with technology conflicting each other. Yeah I noticed that the packs had changed again, so will see what I end up with and go from there, nothing much I can do if it is built already. Maybe nip in to the local Audi centre and speak to them, see what the situation is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well my YourAudi account said that it was on it's way on the 19th May 2017, and I had a look at vehicle carriers that were leaving for the ports mentioned on YourAudi account, so I guessed it was that vehicle carrier and have followed it for the past week or so. I could be wrong and have a longer wait but the dealer said it was on it's way and it takes 15 weeks from leaving Mexico, so I have sort of filled the blanks myself due to lack of information from Audi.
Can't believe that others have to wait even longer, I honestly don't know how everyone is coping ha ha
Agreed Chaz, I was getting the hump with it all and because they're so vague it makes it worse!

I can say with a lot of confidence that your car isn't in Emden yet though mate (sorry!)

Have you tried the 'other tracker' that gives you the codes?

Not sure if this works but there is a post from yapstar in the discussion 'Got my brand spank Q5' where he gives a link to it and it provides a little bit more info. I've tried to copy actual link but can't seem to do it as I only have my iPhone available at the moment. Once you manage to access it with your order number, it looks like the attached photo wheee you can see dates attached to codes which relate to different order stages.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=35760&share_tid=35537&share_pid=408681&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyaudiq5%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F35537-Got-my-brand-spank-Q5%2Fpage__view__findpost__p__408681&share_type=t

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agreed Chaz, I was getting the hump with it all and because they're so vague it makes it worse!

I can say with a lot of confidence that your car isn't in Emden yet though mate (sorry!)

Have you tried the 'other tracker' that gives you the codes?

Not sure if this works but there is a post from yapstar in the discussion 'Got my brand spank Q5' where he gives a link to it and it provides a little bit more info. I've tried to copy actual link but can't seem to do it as I only have my iPhone available at the moment. Once you manage to access it with your order number, it looks like the attached photo wheee you can see dates attached to codes which relate to different order stages.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=35760&share_tid=35537&share_pid=408681&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyaudiq5%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F35537-Got-my-brand-spank-Q5%2Fpage__view__findpost__p__408681&share_type=t

Thanks stevew

I went on and tried it and mine is saying code 30, which means it has left Mexico on the 20th May 2017.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
The considerable delays sound to me like Germany are dismantling and rebuilding every single Mexican built Q5!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks stevew

I went on and tried it and mine is saying code 30, which means it has left Mexico on the 20th May 2017.
Excellent, at least you know it's on a ship! Some people are getting a stage 38 code showing up which is 'en route from Emden to U.K.' so look out for that!

Fingers crossed for an early July delivery I reckon ????????

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi ChazAudi199155-- the ship 'Viking Qeen' arrived in Emden from Veracruz/Jacksonville/Davisville on the 4th June. The next ship due into Emden from Veracruz/Jacksonville/Davisville is the 'Adriatic Highway' on or around the 13th June. Updates can be 3-5 days out, and ships have been taking 16-19 days to arrive in Emden from Veracruz. I would think given your departure date that your car would have been on the Viking Qeen and is now in Emden. How long it spends in Emden seems to be a bit of a lottery judging by some other delivery times to dealers from Emden quoted in this forum. I waited six weeks before it was put on a ship for Tyne, others have been shifted within 7-10 days. Best of luck for a speedy delivery to the dealers.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ordered mid January and dealer placed order on Jan 27. Initial build schedule was for week of May 8th, but finally car build was completed on May 29. And I do have Top View cameras specced - no changes to my order were insisted on me. So I hardly believe timing given by dealer is reasonable. Frankly speaking my first thought is that you were cheated; possibly they offered you a car build for someone else (with different specification, so no Top View cameras), who revoked order (fast build time)...

·
Registered
845 Posts
I ordered mid January and dealer placed order on Jan 27. Initial build schedule was for week of May 8th, but finally car build was completed on May 29. And I do have Top View cameras specced - no changes to my order were insisted on me. So I hardly believe timing given by dealer is reasonable. Frankly speaking my first thought is that you were cheated; possibly they offered you a car build for someone else (with different specification, so no Top View cameras), who revoked order (fast build time)...
What are 'Top-View' camera's?

·
Registered
211 Posts
What are 'Top-View' camera's?
4 cameras mounted in front, rear and under side mirrors. Images from all 4 are combined on MMI screen giving impression of viewing the car from the top. This is what ChazAudi199155 was referring to as 360 degrees parking cameras. At lest this is the name under which these are marketed in Poland.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.