Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I've recently (end of March) ordered a new Q5 from my local Audi dealer. I was told that the earliest I would get it would be August/September. A couple of weeks ago I enquired about whether I would get the updated model to which the dealer replied that there wouldn't be much of a change plus they had no idea when it would be on the market. This was fine but obviously now there are reports that the updated one will be available from October. So do I have a leg to stand on if I want to wait for the updated Q5 and pay the difference or is it worth the hassle and extra money? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Depends on your circumstances and how quickly you need the car? I like all of the updates and if ordering now, would hang out for a new model. However, had the new one (my 2nd) 5 weeks and happy with it and the deal I got. If you have placed the order I can't see them shaving more off, but if you don't ask, you don't get?

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
IMHO the upgrades offer very little improvement over the older model. However, if you are thinking this way now, I would suggest you cancel and go for new model. You may regret not doing it later.

Dealers often know when a newer model will be released, but they are told to keep it quiet so they can shift the older model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After much deliberation and several calls to the dealer I decided to stick with my original order. I received a really good deal and it's unlikely that I would get such a big discount on the face lifted version. I know they have made the engines more efficient but other than that I can't justify the price increase for the new lights and bumper etc (I may dispute this back when it eventually comes out!). Secondly it's doubtful that I would get it before the end of the year (my original order has been brought forward to July).
I just hope I have made the right decision!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Annie

Why did you say that you would not get the updated model this yr? The press release states Oct delivery and the order book now closed until it reopens later in the month.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was what I was told by the dealer. He said that they haven't even got the prices yet and wouldn't be taking orders until the end of the month and it was unlikely that I would take delivery of it until the end of the year. It probably won't take as long as that but I guess a lot of the Audi dealers are trying to dissuade customers from cancelling and re-ordering the facelift model.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You can't even order a new A3 yet and they were announced months ago. Will be many months yet until the new Q5 brochure comes out.

·
Registered
578 Posts
There is no spec or price list available. I don't think dummy orders really mean anything apart from giving you a placeholder and putting you first in line when the real orders open.

Try and get Audi to commit to the build date!

And this is the A3 we are talking about, a model that was actually shown/launched almost 3 months ago. No sign of the new Q5 launch yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mel at Audi Watford told me that in October I could ORDER the face-lifted model for April 2013 delivery.
Does that fit with what you are hearing?

·
Registered
578 Posts
That sounds about right to me. Amazingly you still can't spec a new A3 on the Audi UK website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts