Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo Hoo!!!

So she's on the EMS Highway bound for Sheerness and currently steaming along at 15 odd knots just off the Dutch coast, according to marinetraffic.com.

Should arrive in the UK tomorrow and hopefully I'll be picking her up Saturday 21st.

Gonna be a long 9 days.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Woo Hoo!!!

So she's on the EMS Highway bound for Sheerness and currently steaming along at 15 odd knots just off the Dutch coast, according to marinetraffic.com.

Should arrive in the UK tomorrow and hopefully I'll be picking her up Saturday 21st.

Gonna be a long 9 days.
Congrats, still waiting for mine patiently.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've just been sent an email informing us that ours will finally be being built next week. Do you know roughly how long it takes before you receive the car from the build week?

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would allow 4-5 weeks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cool. Cheers.

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics. Our car is very simular spec'd to yours and the same colour.

Chris

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the reg from the dealer today and have just finished reading and signing the finance paperwork (dull).

I'm booked in for a 9am collection this coming Saturday so hopefully the weather will hold for a few pics in the sun.

Originally ordered on 27th Jan and will be collecting the car on 21st May so I make that 114 days in total. Not too bad I guess.

Can't fault car-finance.net, there level of service has been first class. And in the end Maidstone Audi have been comparatively good, for a dealer.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Good luck for Saturday - hope it all goes well

I did have a little chuckle at you watching the ships on marinetraffic.com Took me back to last year when Rich and I were watching every car carrier that left Emden

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good luck for Saturday - hope it all goes well

I did have a little chuckle at you watching the ships on marinetraffic.com Took me back to last year when Rich and I were watching every car carrier that left Emden
Thanks Carbon.

Re marinetraffic - isn't the interweb a marvellous thing? Although this now means my car "geek" level is officially off the scale!

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Thanks Carbon.

Re marinetraffic - isn't the interweb a marvellous thing? Although this now means my car "geek" level is officially off the scale!
Welcome to geek level,i even had the dealer on the marine traffic web site,i think he was a little scared once he realised how obsessed i had become lol.

Rich

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
18 hours to go!!!

Collection's been put back to 1pm, the wife insisted on coming and wasn't too happy at getting the nipper out the door by 8am on a Sat morning.

Needless to say I would have been ready.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ooh I like it.

Got the day off work tomorrow so will be giving the car it's first clean and coat or two of wax. Pics will follow.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Collection was great. Dealer spent the a couple of hours going through all the controls etc. Was a cracking day weather-wise and the car was well prep'd, no swirls and everything as it should be. AMI cable (x2 - ipod and USB), cargo net and roof bars all present. Blagged an umbrella too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds a good experience which is important. When you getting some pics up, I really want to see your car :) Our's is getting built this week!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tried uploading a couple tonight but I'm having size issues, all my photo's seem to be over the 2mb limit.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi..You could save them as .jpg as the file extension? If you open mspaint (presume your windows?) and then open up the attachment and do save as. You can then change the extension to a .jpg which will result in the file being a lot smaller.

Let me know how you get on mate.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm on an old Mac Powerbook guys and only have iPhoto. It also has to be said that I'm not the most computer literate person out there!

Photo's were taken in HD so I may take a few in non-HD when I get home tonight. Will see if that helps.

If all fails I'll bring my work laptop home and try uploading some over the weekend.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So had yesterday off work to detail the car but ended up only sorting the wheels with 3 coats of sealant and 2 coats of wax. Anyhow she's pretty clean for now and hope to get a couple of coats of wax on the paintwork over the coming weekend.

Enjoy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts