Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not may new posts on the Forum, are you all busy driving and cleaning your new Q5's.

How many of us are left still waiting?

Hoggy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Me! Ordered late March. Delivery around christmas
way to long time to wait...

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Not may new posts on the Forum, are you all busy driving and cleaning your new Q5's.

Hoggy
Too busy working night shifts Hoggy

Just got mine back from the dealers - one of the Homelink buttons refuses to play ball and whilst giving it a quick bath at the weekend I noticed some damage to one of the alloys, which someone had made a vain attempt to touch up. They suggested that they would send it to the body shop to be repaired - I suggested that they replace the wheel - upshot is that they have ordered an alloy at ?700 plus.

Apart from those two issues I am thoroughly enjoying the car.

When do you get yours?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too busy working night shifts Hoggy

Just got mine back from the dealers - one of the Homelink buttons refuses to play ball and whilst giving it a quick bath at the weekend I noticed some damage to one of the alloys, which someone had made a vain attempt to touch up. They suggested that they would send it to the body shop to be repaired - I suggested that they replace the wheel - upshot is that they have ordered an alloy at ?700 plus.

Apart from those two issues I am thoroughly enjoying the car.

When do you get yours?
I am hoping early September, I'm being very patient and have not hassled the dealer since early this month!

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts

Hoggy
Busy cleaning and then cleaning again and then driving round with big silly smiles on our faces!!!!

Rich

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ist of September for me. At least I've seen it and know it exists!!! (pics - Reader's Drives, 'First glimpse')

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine starts build on Monday so expecting it mid September. Starting to get excited now after controlling myself for 3 months!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Wk 38 19 Sept build......so hopefully October. How long after
build do they come to the UK

Bought my 60 reg plate last month so at least I haven't got to take pot luck
with that.

Considering a service contract. Been offered a 2 and a 3 service contract. Anyone tell me when the servicing is due on the Q5
Is it annually

Nightshifts.......not doing them anymore. 16 weeks of work left

·
Registered
60 Posts
Apparently from build start to delivery is 4 weeks to your dealer. As I'm up North, maybe that's longer for me, I'm not sure.

Servicing varies - TFSI is annually, diesels can be annually or long life (every 2 years), depends on what you choose and the sort of miles you're doing.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Apparently from build start to delivery is 4 weeks to your dealer. As I'm up North, maybe that's longer for me, I'm not sure.

Servicing varies - TFSI is annually, diesels can be annually or long life (every 2 years), depends on what you choose and the sort of miles you're doing.
Ah....they've quoted me for the long life ones and they don't seem that attractive any more.
TBH...at the moment I don't really know what kind of mileage I'll be doing. But I would have
thought an annual service was better for the car unless you're doing a lot of motorway cruising.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ah....they've quoted me for the long life ones and they don't seem that attractive any more.
TBH...at the moment I don't really know what kind of mileage I'll be doing. But I would have
thought an annual service was better for the car unless you're doing a lot of motorway cruising.
asked my dealer exactly the same basically um - ok then sell me a maintanence plan

once he heard the type of driving i will be doing (Social only) he said save your money and spend it on something better instead

Exact comment was if your heavy mileage its worth it otherwise the car will tell you when it needs to come in...

·
Registered
963 Posts
asked my dealer exactly the same basically um - ok then sell me a maintanence plan

once he heard the type of driving i will be doing (Social only) he said save your money and spend it on something better instead

Exact comment was if your heavy mileage its worth it otherwise the car will tell you when it needs to come in...
Thanks Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hoggy
Just got back from haulling my caravan to and from S of France in an Sline Q7 with all the bells and whistles. Apart from saying thank you Audi for letting me put 2000 miles on your car rather than mine, I have to say the Q7 is simply magnificent! if the Q5 is anything like as good I'll be very happy indeed. My Q5 was build week 30 so should exist by now, I shall call them tomorrow but if it's a bit delayed I shall just have to put up with the Q7 for a wee while longer. LOL
!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts