Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a great day out at the Midlands Audi Showcase.

Praise where praise is due...... Audi you hosted a great event which myself and my guest thoroughly enjoyed.

Unfortunately the R8 allocations had all been taken but as I'm not an out and out sports car fan I didn't feel too disappointed, would have been nice to try it but never mind.

I got to drive the RS 6 Avant, RS 5 Cabriolet, and the S7 and left the event knowing i had driven the best car that Audi had at the event..... and will be driving it every day for some time to come.

Yep the SQ5 may not be quite as quick as the RS 6 or the 5 but it sure is the every day every road car for me.

Reactions: ray.afzal and José

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, not quite as quick, bit of a leap there....
Audi do some good events, the S event in Berlin was great - lots of free drinks and a race day.
Not really a leap Snowman when its taken in the context i meant.

Take usable road power not track day. I did say as an every day car.

The RS 6 was very hard on the suspension. When we got the opportunity to drop it down the gears (the police were well aware of the event and its 3 suggested test routes) its obviously rapid but it wasn't scary "oh my god" rapid. And that on the road price is just crazy.

I took my future son-in-law and we both said the S7 was the most usable car of those 3 (he's 23!!)

Yep the SQ FOR ME is the best package and I'm sure the some others have come away saying the same.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Not really a leap Snowman when its taken in the context i meant.

Take usable road power not track day. I did say as an every day car.

The RS 6 was very hard on the suspension. When we got the opportunity to drop it down the gears (the police were well aware of the event and its 3 suggested test routes) its obviously rapid but it wasn't scary "oh my god" rapid. And that on the road price is just crazy.

I took my future son-in-law and we both said the S7 was the most usable car of those 3 (he's 23!!)

Yep the SQ FOR ME is the best package and I'm sure the some others have come away saying the same.
I got in my SQ and came away say 'Damn... Never thought I'd think this was too slow!'
But I do agree it's the best daily car - the RS6 is too quick/expensive/uneconomical for that purpose.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
lol, all depends on your needs/wants/experiences.
You 'could' say the 1.8 Q5 is the best daily drive given its performance and running cost.
Its like a favourite/best football team argument - its personal to each person.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts