Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just looking on my order sheet - have to confirm my spec for SQ5 I ordered, as making a change and adding Drive select.

What does Technology - "high" mean? In the brochure I only see options for technology pack, or technology pack - advanced...

Does technology pack - high mean the same thing as technology pack advanced? I ordered cruise control and the sales guy told me it would be built into the technology pack.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Chris

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Tech pack high (which is the same as tech pack) is a must - gives the proper MMI...

Tech pack advanced is just a collection of driver aids...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jose. My order is correct then. Was just unsure what it meant when comparing the order sheet with the brochure. Looking forward to it!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Normal cruise is standard (regardless of any tech pack) - if you want Adaptive Cruise Control then add the Tech Pack Advanced - which by the sounds of it you don't have spec'd...
Note that you can spec ACC for £900, or add Tech Advanced for £625 and get Lane Assist as well - no brainer!

I really like the ACC - if you want to read my review in case you think you want it over the standard cruise see here... http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/3075-drivers-aids-review-acc-sidelane-assist/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a great review - very useful. I toyed with ACC but don't know how much I would use it. I don't use a lot of motorway miles, and have cruise control in my existing Q5 and it does me rightly.

Def adding Drive select tomorrow - look to be getting everything you have specced (mine is ordered in Estoril Blue) apart from the 21" rims, ACC and the Advanced Key - I had the Deletion of the TDI badge at rear on my order but will remove this and ask the dealer to remove when the car arrives at the showroom - don't want to lose the SQ5 badge.

Cheers

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Sounds good! Look forward to seeing it. Just the waiting game now!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Oh yea - where you based? Yet to find another local SQ5 to me!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Had the same thing when I ordered mine. I think it's old terminology being used by dealers. There was a time when there was tech pack, tech pack high and tech pack advanced AFAIK.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't seem to be able to get my head around this tech pack high, I don't know if my new SQ5 plus has it or not, I don't think I ordered it so may be not, just what exactly is is compared to what I will get standard on my SQ5

cheers LB

·
Banned
179 Posts
I've got tech pack advanced and find side assist quite useful!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Tech pack advanced gives Adaptive cruise control with braking guard and side assist which are not part of the standard tech pack.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I don't seem to be able to get my head around this tech pack high, I don't know if my new SQ5 plus has it or not, I don't think I ordered it so may be not, just what exactly is is compared to what I will get standard on my SQ5

cheers LB
According to the brochure
the tech pack (high) is standard on the Plus ............

·
Registered
190 Posts
According to the brochure
the tech pack (high) is standard on the Plus ............
Standard on the SQ5 Plus is the Tech pack with:
MMI Navigation system plus (HDD)
AMI
Parking system plus

Tech pack advanced with adaptive cruise and side assist is £625 option. For MY16 side assist replaced lane assist!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Standard on the SQ5 Plus is the Tech pack with:
MMI Navigation system plus (HDD)
AMI
Parking system plus

Tech pack advanced with adaptive cruise and side assist is £625 option. For MY16 side assist replaced lane assist!
Have adaptive cruise and lane assist on current SQ5 but very rarely used...ok, useful on fast continental roads but (IMO) pointless in UK - roads are just too busy.
Haven't bothered specifying on the new SQ5 Plus therefore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts