Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone who has picked their 14 plate received the tax disc or V5 doc yet? The wife received hers a week before the 1st March. No sign of mine yet.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Picked car up on 1st March and tax disc came yesterday and V5 today.

·
Registered
884 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not received either yet.
The dealer said you are allowed to drive for 14 days without displaying the tax disc.
They also said that from October this year, we will no longer need a tax disc to be displayed on the car.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Not received either yet.
The dealer said you are allowed to drive for 14 days without displaying the tax disc.
They also said that from October this year, we will no longer need a tax disc to be displayed on the car.
Correct on both accounts, the dealer should have given you some documentation to keep in the car.

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
If you are concerned I would suggest you phone DVLA. They were most helpful when I had a problem.

Stoke Audi managed to put incorrect address for me when they submitted my application. That caused several weeks delay and many sleepless nights.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Changes at DVLA meant that dealers couldn't submit the application until the day the vehicle was bought. Started last Sep and I had the same doc to keep in the vehicle for a couple of weeks until the disc arrived.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My V5 arrived 3 days before I collected and tax disc was already on the car when I collected.

MT

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
And I think in October of this year tax-discs are going to become items of history....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I received the tax disc a couple of days before pick up on March 1st and the V5 the day before pickup! Maybe I was lucky!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am confused by this post as every new car I have ever collected have always had the tax already on the windscreen.... I didn't think you could drive the car off the forecourt without one... insurance etc?

My V5 came about a week after I picked it up.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
You are driving off the forecourt on the basis it is paid for - same law that allows you to drive your car on the old tax disc so long as you have paid for the new one online and are waiting for it to arrive in the post. Maybe some dealers do it online and it gets posted out...?

Mine was in the window on pickup though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You are driving off the forecourt on the basis it is paid for - same law that allows you to drive your car on the old tax disc so long as you have paid for the new one online and are waiting for it to arrive in the post. Maybe some dealers do it online and it gets posted out...?

Mine was in the window on pickup though.
When I picked up my car the tax disc was damaged and they had to go to the local licensing office to get a new one. They didn't say I could take the car and actually paid for a pub lunch whilst we waited. Maybe its just their policy.

Interesting to know though

·
Registered
84 Posts
Been a long day, not long got it but tax disc has arrived at least

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mine came today too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts