Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am due to take delivery of my 5th Audi and 4th Q5 on 1St March. However, it arrives in the country this week and the dealer is asking what financial package I would accept to take it early.
Any suggestions as to how much this would effect trade in when I come to sell?

Footnote...
I am really hacked off with Audi at the moment.
My existing Q5 was due in to check the reversing camera last week. I received the text reminder the day before and it had been booked in before xmas. However, they then rang me last minute to say they would not have enough time on a Saturday to investigate the Reversing Camera and I would have to make a later booking mid-week. It was obvious to me I was getting 'bumped' especially when they did a complete about turn when I said I wouldn't be too keen on picking up my new car if this is how they treat loyal customers. I suspect they realised it could all be done once I had traded in.

Love the car but customer service is now like any other dealership.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
if I were trading my car on March 01st, I couldn't be arsed wasting my time taking it in to have the reversing camera fixed.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Looking at the trade-in price valuations on Parkers (taken with a pinch of salt), a 2013 '62' seems to be worth about £500 less than a 2013 '13' Q5.

Therefore, if you take early delivery (as a 2014 '63'), they would need to compensate you with £500 to negate the impact of the registration change...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome mate. Audi really screwed you over here, especially as you're such a long term customer.
Similar to what the others have said, try and get them to make you a decent offer on your current Q5, as when the 14' plate comes out thats another chunk off your current one (when i sold my X5 I did 1 month before 2014 X5 came out, if I sold one month later I would have got a £3000 less than I did!!).

What's the spec of your new Q5 looking like?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks one and all - that helps.

Ransman/Quattro - I think thats the way Ill go and expect £500 minimum.

Missile - I know I shouldn't be too fussed to get the Reversing Camera fixed but it was my excuse to get to the dealership and check they got the spec right on my new Q5. Last time they got it wrong -twice - which is why I've had so many Q5s!

ray.afzal - I agreed a trade-in price last August so at least that is fixed.

Spec as below:

S-Line Plus
Audi Music Interface

MMI Navigation System Plus

Electric Tailgate

Privacy Glass

Heated Front and Rear Seats

Electricall Adjustable from Seats with Memory Function and Lumbar Support

Tyre pressure Loss Indicator

Technology Package

Mobile Telephone Preparation High with Audi Connect

Interior Light Package

Underfloor Storage Tray In Luggage Compartment

High Beam Assist

Deletion of Engine and Model Designation At Rear

Door Mirrors Electrically Adjustable, Folding and Heated.

Tow Bar Swivelling including Electric Connection.

Audi Parking System Advanced.

3 Spoke Multi-function, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel with Gear-Shift Paddles.

Audi Drive Select.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You go for 3.0TDI?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No two litre! My current Q5 is a 2L and I've not been disappointed.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Did you specify the reversing camera this time?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did as it had been useful, particularly lining up tow bar. (Its actually started working again!)

·
Banned
489 Posts
Go to webuyanycar.com and just change the reg designation but same mileage

1 - 12 of 12 Posts