Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picking mine up tomorrow first thing...
My salesman and valet have been teasing me with glimpses! So I'm going to post them here and share my frustration with you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Interesting... Dunlops not pzeros on yours

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'd think it would be the same wouldn't you! You both got 21's?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Haha, mines 4 months away... but going off some of the other pics I've seen. Heard good things about the Dunlop road tyres though

·
Registered
151 Posts
My 20" came with Goodyear!

ZED

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So been driving the SQ around for the last few hours. My one word review is RAPID!
Will post pics and full first thoughts later!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
So been driving the SQ around for the last few hours. My one word review is RAPID!
Will post pics and full first thoughts later!

Was wondering how you were getting on...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Come on Jose less of the driving around, we need to see some pics, !!!! Ive just come back from Audi after driving there Demo SQ5 which turned up today, Basic spec but what a fantastic engine and sound, i cant wait i wont sleep now till it turns up.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW- what a day!!

Put around 150 miles on her. On the recommendation of my dealer I'm not bothering to run her in. Balls to the wall all the way!

Started off gentle, getting to know her and ended this evening driving home full chat on some country roads.

I spent the evening at a local bi-annual 500 car meet where she got some serious attention. The look on people's faces when I roared up in a Q5 that sounds like it has a V8 on steroids was brilliant!

So initial thoughts...

Pros
RAPID! A wall of torque that never ends.
That sound!
Considering its an S car, excellent ride quality
Beautiful finish both in and out, real Audi attention to detail
Surprisingly nimble in the corners for such a high/heavy car

Cons
Slight tyre roar, but not awful
Not SQ5 specific but the no Internet via iPhone is a pain! Lots of features I am yet to use (will hook my Samsung up to try these later this weekend)

Interestingly I found myself using the efficiency mode of the DriveSelect. When cruising on the dual carriageway it seemed silly to have all the grunt at a blip of the throttle. Would switch to individual for single carriageway (with all dynamic bit auto steering and engine) and then used full dynamic for having fun.

The ACC is brilliant! You can be so lazy when driving in for example a busyish 40mph zone, it just latches on and you just steer... It will brake really quite hard if it has too!
And speaking of steering, the lane assist is also pretty cool, managed 2-3 miles with ACC handling the pedals and lane assist the steering - you can actually just leave it on a relatively straight motorway type road to drive itself!
I should note I was doing this at 11.30pm with no other cars around and sitting in the middle lane, and I won't be doing it again, but it does demonstrate the technologies capabilities quite well.

My comparison for the above is coming from a BMW 135i and I am super impressed that an SUV has managed to handle almost as well as a sports convertible and with probably more pace, plus all the added practicality.

I will be putting about 600 miles on her tomorrow and likely another chunk on Monday so will let you know any further thoughts after that.

Pics are on my camera, which I just realised I left in the car down 2 flights of stairs so will be putting them up tomorrow - sorry!

·
Registered
151 Posts
WOW- what a day!!

Put around 150 miles on her. On the recommendation of my dealer I'm not bothering to run her in. Balls to the wall all the way!

Started off gentle, getting to know her and ended this evening driving home full chat on some country roads.

I spent the evening at a local bi-annual 500 car meet where she got some serious attention. The look on people's faces when I roared up in a Q5 that sounds like it has a V8 on steroids was brilliant!

So initial thoughts...

Pros
RAPID! A wall of torque that never ends.
That sound!
Considering its an S car, excellent ride quality
Beautiful finish both in and out, real Audi attention to detail
Surprisingly nimble in the corners for such a high/heavy car

Cons
Slight tyre roar, but not awful
Not SQ5 specific but the no Internet via iPhone is a pain! Lots of features I am yet to use (will hook my Samsung up to try these later this weekend)

Interestingly I found myself using the efficiency mode of the DriveSelect. When cruising on the dual carriageway it seemed silly to have all the grunt at a blip of the throttle. Would switch to individual for single carriageway (with all dynamic bit auto steering and engine) and then used full dynamic for having fun.

The ACC is brilliant! You can be so lazy when driving in for example a busyish 40mph zone, it just latches on and you just steer... It will brake really quite hard if it has too!
And speaking of steering, the lane assist is also pretty cool, managed 2-3 miles with ACC handling the pedals and lane assist the steering - you can actually just leave it on a relatively straight motorway type road to drive itself!
I should note I was doing this at 11.30pm with no other cars around and sitting in the middle lane, and I won't be doing it again, but it does demonstrate the technologies capabilities quite well.

My comparison for the above is coming from a BMW 135i and I am super impressed that an SUV has managed to handle almost as well as a sports convertible and with probably more pace, plus all the added practicality.

I will be putting about 600 miles on her tomorrow and likely another chunk on Monday so will let you know any further thoughts after that.

Pics are on my camera, which I just realised I left in the car down 2 flights of stairs so will be putting them up tomorrow - sorry!

Well done, you got through the night!!

We all seem to love them.

ZED

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good first day report Jose, will look forward to seeing pics later ,

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Here you go guys...
Nothing too special yet, and the last 3 are from this morning and its a bit overcast. It's supposed to brighten up later so will get some better ones

The anticipation at this point was killing me!

Reactions: stevew

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

I'm getting a private plate put on ASAP, but I do like this in the mean time - suggested by my salesman - he knows me well!

Close up of the 21s - they really are stunning

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I think she looks surprisingly comfortable 'off-road'!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks lovely

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks great Jose, Black roof rails look good, enjoy your day posing round, i'm Jealous !

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks Jose - looks amazing.. A bit grey here in the midlands too - brighter later apparently.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts