Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please clear up the following.

The 2013 S line model comes with Standard suspension or S Line sports suspension at no extra charge.
Is standard suspension as per SE suspension or not.?
The 2013 spec does mention a change of suspension setup so is above what they are talking about ie sports suspension is now a no cost option as apposed to being in the "standard" setup on the 2012 model and earlier?

Thanks

·
Banned
842 Posts
Standard is a good balance between performance and comfort as above - I wouldn't want any firmer on 20" low profiles.

Sports suspension has been a no cost option on the SLines for quite a while...

·
Registered
433 Posts
I upgraded mined to the SPORTS SUSPENSION (no cost upgrade) and I like the drive and handling on Offroad alloys tyres 255x45x20 and have no issues running on the roads in the North East of Scotland.
The Q drives great on the dual/motorways, A and B class roads and unclassified roads.
I also have the A4 sline and the suspension is equal to both cars

·
Registered
433 Posts
Inserted from March, as there is a topic on suspension.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:50 PM
Wife picked up the Q5 today her report is "better" than the discovery 3 on air suspension and just the same as the A4 s-line on 18"
My sons both say it is just as comfortable as the A4 and better than their golfs GT TDI
ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_15298', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_15298', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '15298' }, parseInt('0') );

·
Registered
503 Posts
Can someone please clear up the following.

The 2013 S line model comes with Standard suspension or S Line sports suspension at no extra charge.
Is standard suspension as per SE suspension or not.?
The 2013 spec does mention a change of suspension setup so is above what they are talking about ie sports suspension is now a no cost option as apposed to being in the "standard" setup on the 2012 model and earlier?

Thanks
I would be interested to know the definitive answer to this question too.

I have decided the new A3 is too similar to my current car, so I am going to treat myself to a new Q5. I am hoping that it does mean that standard S Line suspension is the same as the SE. I am going to stick with the standard 19" wheels too as I want the ride to be as good as possible.

Not really looking forward to having a 13 reg though, but will probably buy a non age related plate for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as I can see if you order the s line plus you have to have the 20's I also would prefer the 19's as the ride is a tad firm.
Went out in an SE yesterday on 18's and the ride was perfect thats why I posted the original query is the S line "standard" SE suspension ?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Have you had a ride in a Q with the 20's Peter it really isn't that harsh.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Have you had a ride in a Q with the 20's Peter it really isn't that harsh.
Chopper,

I am the same as you the ride quality with the sports suspension and 20"s is great, I would NOT have the softer suspension.

If you were going to öffroad" the car at speeds then you may want to consider the softer suspension.

If I was going to "öffroad" the car then I would have purchased another landrover

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I have taken the plunge and ordered the 3.0tdi S line plus
Lava Grey
Electric Memory seats Heated
Pano Roof
STANDARD Suspension
Interior Light pack
Tech pack high
Parking system Advanced with camera
Tyre pressure loss indicator
all for
£41,500
Saving Loads off main dealer price But being supplied by main dealer through third party.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Good for you. When do you expect delivery?

I have 20" on my S Line and much prefer that to the ride with 18" + winter tyres.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good choice Peter H

I have a similar spec and have the standard suspension. Yesterday I had a service visit to the local dealer and the loan car was a basic Q5 Sline - the ride was really comfortable on 19" wheels compared to the 20" on mine. I cannot imagine how the sport suspension can be comfortable or quiet.. Incidentally I was not impressed by the basic model internals of the loan car- no sat nav or decent MMI. - quite basic really. If I had test driven this car I guess I might have chosen another car all together - but I am an Audi marque supporter I guess.

I find the Hill Hold very useful and anything other than the brushed aluminium inlays (the piano black look really class). The Nappa leather as standard is pretty cool compared with the standard offering.

No regrets since I bought the car - other than I now need a step ladder to wash the roof! and of course have a permanent beaming smile that I cannot get rid of as I drive it

·
Registered
503 Posts
Had a test in a 59 plate S Line today with 19" wheels and I was told it was standard suspension and although the ride was ok it certainly had a firm edge to it.

I really prefer the look of the S Line Plus with the 20" wheels so they let me drive their demo which also had standard suspension and I couldn't believe how much smoother it was... It was really good.

I asked the sales guy about the used one again and wondered if it had the S Line suspension, but he assured me it was standard.

After we had finished with the salesman we went out and looked at the used one again and did a rather crude measurement of the gap between the top of the wheel and wheel arch and compared it to another used S Line and the one we took out definitely had a smaller gap to the other one, so the one we took out must have had the firmer/lower S Line suspension.

Does anyone know when they started giving the option on non S Line suspension? The one we took out was just under 3 years old.

Thanks.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Errr there's no different in ride height between the sports suspension and standard springs just firmer ride.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Errr there's no different in ride height between the sports suspension and standard springs just firmer ride.
I thought that too, but there was a definite difference in height between the two used S Line models of about 1cm, so I wonder what going on there then?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Before I went ahead and ordered my 3.0ltr Q5 sline plus I went through everything on the suspension front incl my questions on this forum.
I tried an Sline with sport suspension which was far to hard even the one with standard suspension has a little firm , the nicest ride was in an SE with 18's so with the new model god knows what the ride will be like, I have ordered standard suspension which I understand has been tweaked for the latest model I can only hope for the softer ride.
Reading on all the older reviews the suspension was always picked up as being to firm I can only hope Audi took notice.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Peter h,

As they say everyone to their own, I hope your set up works for you, long wait until November/December, again getting the Q5 for the winter so it should perform well

I need to get my winter tyres ready for the Q5 and A4

1 - 18 of 18 Posts