Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder whether anyone has come across this... my 2.0T Auto is 3 years old and with 40000 kms on the clock. Had the ignition coil replaced under 2 months ago, and the mechatronic + software replaced a year ago when mileage was around 30000kms (massive tussle with local agent, car spent best part of 6 months inside the dealer's shop).

Been noticing the car stuttering during acceleration, today it is much more evident when I push the accelerator slightly going from 4-7 gear. During normal throttle (cruising) behaviour is perfectly normal.

Has anyone ever encountered this/ heard about this?

Tomorrow will be calling Q-Auto to see what they can do... she's due for a service anyway. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im suffering the same problem, it is happening to me around 3000 RPM AND 5000 RPM. NOT SURE WHAT IS THE PROBLEM and not only that my entire oil engine is being consumed in 3000 km

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had very similar problem with my old B6 Passat 2.0T, which is basically very similar engine. It started with lite occasional stuttering, but over time problem developed to extend that it was hard to keep constant speed above ~100km/h or to accelerate more rapidly. After several retries service found the problem to be faulty fuel pump :-(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, seems the problem is again - wait for it - ignition coils. The problem is apparently known to Audi. I had the car in at the dealers in November with the same problem, where they could only change one coil under warranty as the others had not failed (yet).

Oil consumption on the TFSI due to the turbocharger. I have to add a litre of juice every 3500kms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts