Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I come across a strange "feature", which the technician at Audi said that they have never seen it before and claim that it is just a feature for manual car... could anyone please verify whether this is true or not...

*Try this at home* :)

1) switch on the engine
2) put the car in neutral
3) press down the clutch and bring it up several times.
4) this time, press the clutch down and bring in up slowly, move it in between the fully pressed and round about the biting point point several times.
5) Does your engine rev up when you were doing 4)?

Please could you share your result here asap....

Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Kevin,

The simple answer to your question is YES, ours does the same, gear in neutral, cluch down and then up to near bite point and the engines revs to approximately 1300 revs.

We had ours into Audi this week for several thongs, including cluch issues, broken arm rest, noisy offside mirror when folding, noisy parking brake, slight judder when pulling away and a stutter feeling on the motorway when travelling between 60-70 mph. They want the car back for 2 days to investigate further but they are ordering in a new clutch plate, so i guess they found something.

I asked about the car revving up but they didn't really comment, I got the impression that they are hoping that fitting a new clutch plate will solve most of the problems.

Hope this helps

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for letting me know mate.

My clutch is clicking when pressed, they said it's the clutch master cylinder problem and need to be replaced. So if your clutch has that same "feature", i wouldn't bother ask them again then.

Let me know how you got on.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The simple answer to your question is YES, ours does the same, gear in neutral, cluch down and then up to near bite point and the engines revs to approximately 1300 revs.

We had ours into Audi this week for several thongs, including cluch issues, broken arm rest, noisy offside mirror when folding, noisy parking brake, slight judder when pulling away and a stutter feeling on the motorway when travelling between 60-70 mph. They want the car back for 2 days to investigate further but they are ordering in a new clutch plate, so i guess they found something.

I asked about the car revving up but they didn't really comment, I got the impression that they are hoping that fitting a new clutch plate will solve most of the problems.

Hope this helps

Matt

·
Registered
92 Posts
Same 'Rev Increasing' feature on my 2.0TDI S-Line. Just as you describe.......

It will a case of 'they all do that sir.....'

Cheers,

Lee.

Thanks for letting me know mate.

My clutch is clicking when pressed, they said it's the clutch master cylinder problem and need to be replaced. So if your clutch has that same "feature", i wouldn't bother ask them again then.

Let me know how you got on.

Kevin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, my wife picked up the Q5 today after Audi had it for 2 days. Its had a new clutch fitted and a new offside door mirror mechanism and a new centre armrest bracket.

Not bad for 5k miles i guess.

Cheers

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts