Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'll be switching to a set of the Q5 audi winter wheels / tyres soon, and just wondering about tips for storing the summer set. The winter package came with the audi tyres bags, so I'll use though. I was thinking clean them, maybe a spot of wax? What about tyre pressures, should I let a bit of air out before leaving them in the garage for a few months?

Cheers,
Rich

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you are Uk based, I know that if you bought your winter wheels from your AD, they store them for you, then swap'em over when you want to change back and store the winter set. I was informed of this when I enquired about wheels. I do not need them until next year now. Not sure about elsewhere on the planet but I'd imagine it would be pretty much the same.

P.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I think people are misinterpreting the advert for winter wheels / tyres from Audi. They offer storage BAGS not storage of your wheels...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I fitted my spare Audi wheels and winter tyres last night- just in time for this morning's snow. (Scotland)
I think I said in 2010 that our Mountain Rescue Vehicle and my Q5 were the only things moving when roads were closed here last year. I decided swapping my 19s for 17s looks fine and keeping on the move overrides any 'auto vanity' !

I did not reduce the pressure while in storage and when I checked last night there was no change!
My only problem, which perplexes me greatly, is I cannot get the plastic little audi hub discs to stay in place !! They stayed in place fine last year.
HELP!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi there,

I'll be switching to a set of the Q5 audi winter wheels / tyres soon, and just wondering about tips for storing the summer set. The winter package came with the audi tyres bags, so I'll use though. I was thinking clean them, maybe a spot of wax? What about tyre pressures, should I let a bit of air out before leaving them in the garage for a few months?

Cheers,
Rich
I just stacked mine at the back of the garage. The rim protectors on the tyres stop them from scuffing. I put plastic underneath them and and over the top just to protect from any moisture etc.

I don't think you need to worry about wax etc as it's only for 4 months or so. They shouldn't need lose and air either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts