Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe old news, but a local S4 was stolen last week near where I live using this method:

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Maybe old news, but a local S4 was stolen last week near where I live using this method:

This appears to rely on the fact that you 'decoded the lock and cut one key'.
Which requires you to go through a prolonged process with Audi of proving ownership and other checks (like you turned up in the car)...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So could been an inside job?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Would appear so.

Requires access to the emergency key it would seem...

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
There is a very active gang operating in Aberdeen. As reported in todays paper, http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/3347286 they will try house doors until they find one unlocked and steal the car keys. Police report 1 in 20 houses are not locked. There is another thread re an RS4 which was stolen using the emergency key. The thief was out on probation for a string of previous offences.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Little Bas#ar#s, I fitted a tracker monitor because of the crime in Aberdeen city.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Decided against tracker ,took the view would you really want it back after some 16 year old kid had thrashed the shit out of it and robbed the wheels !!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Decided against tracker ,took the view would you really want it back after some 16 year old kid had thrashed the shit out of it and robbed the wheels !!
Imagining 21s on some beat up Saxo!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Missile, Autosonic fitted a tracker monitor. I also had to fit it for my Insurance. Its one that if the car is moved without the keys then Tracker calls you to inform you before the police. To be honest i wouldn't want my car back if it was stolen. I would prefer it to be burnt out as it has GAP insurance. As long as the insurance paid out i would just get another new car to replace it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts