Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find that their wheel isn't dead straight, obviously when driving straight if that makes sense? Checked my tyres, psi's are fine. Haven't hit any pot holes and the car has done only 2k. Surely an optiflex doesn't need carrying out already??

·
Registered
211 Posts
I found Q being very sensitive to road quality. E.g. all road imperfections are very well transferred to steering wheel. If you drive on the road that has even slight incline to the side you might feel that it is necessary to counter steer a bit to compensate for this. Then if the incline is consistent, driving the other side of the road (opposite direction) might force you to steer to the other side. Obviously it is very, very minimal (2~3 degrees max) but noticeable as some extra force that need to be applied to steering wheel. Otherwise, on nearly perfectly leveled road, nothing like that should occure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, I'll keep an eye on it and take it from there. It's worth noting that they charge ?240 for an optiflex......however if your car is less than a year old and 7k miles they carry one out for free.......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm finding that I'm driving like the attached on 95% of the roads that I'm on - the car has now been optiflexed twice and still it isn't any better. My mother in laws Q5 TFSI on a 59 plate doesn't seem to have the same issue. Audi UK are now involved as I have been lied to by my dealers service manager - he stated that he drove it and all was well, yet he told the guy at Audi UK that it was slightly off. Apparently this is acceptable and within tolerance........I can't find where it says this in the brochure..........the saga continues!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts