Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I drove from Lincolnshire to Scotland recently in my 12 plate Q5 and stopping at Penrith after approx 50 miles at 70 mph the engine start stop activated and cut off the engine. When I I put my foot on the clutch I got the message saying the start stop was disabled please restart manually. I started manually by pressing the key and thank god it started however the diesel eng management light came on and stayed steady. I pulled offed within a mile and turned the engine off for a few minutes. With relief it then start ok and I switched off the start stop function for the rest of the journey. On the way back it happened again at the same roundabout only this time more worryingly the eng management light came on only this time it was flashing and the book says drive slowly to your nearest dealer. I pulled in at the first lay by within 1/2 mile and again switched off the engine. Crossing my fingers I switched back on after a couple of minutes and thank mgod it was ok. It happened again after another 50 miles at scotch corner. The car had iits service last thurs at lincoln audii and I asked them to investigate fault. Workshop report said " confirmed throttle valve was installed in wrong direction and had soot build up stopping it activating. Valve reversed and soot cleaned out". Have just done sme journeys yesterday and today all ok. How the hell can a brand new Q5 have a throttle valve installed in wrong direction. Should this be a recall? By the way I would never have known about this had I not done a long high speed journey as it worked ok on my normal daily route. Beware

1 - 1 of 1 Posts