Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into to Stafford Audi to enquire about ordering a new Q5. Couldn't get served after 30 minutes waiting for a salesman to become available. Never offered refreshments while waiting. Supplied contact information when advising receptionist we couldn't wait any longer and 3 weeks later still still no phone call or email.

So went to Shrewsbury Audi to be greeted by Matt when we walked in off the street who within 20 minutes had me test driving a model they had and spent an hour with us in all.

So if/when we decided to order Shrewsbury you shall have my money, Stafford this is the second time you have let me down. You really need to brush up your act a little.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I absolutely concur with your Stafford experience, I don't know how they sell cars as they are useless at returning calls. Land Rover are similar and I can only put it down to the fact they have some popular products at the moment. I won't go near Stafford fter my last visit, shockingly poor.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I too tried Stafford as dealt with them before. Initial phone chat but no further follow up. Shrewsbury a totally different kettle of fish. Sales Manager, Aidan Coley, is ex Stafford Audi and runs an efficient team.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bought both the Q5 & SQ5 from them, not really had any problems. Have had calls returned after the salesman has finished with other punters. My experience this time has been pretty good, mind you the day we went was the salesman's first day, so made it something to remember for both of us.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I met Aiden Coley and told him my experience with Stafford and he had a wry smile! My experience with Shrewsbury has been faultless from order to delivery. Handover was everything a special new car experience should be. Received phone calls since confirming all ok and a letter with follow up information and introduction to after sales team.

I have also made the decision to take the car back there for service too as if Stafford don't want the business I'm not going to force money in their pockets!

Discount wise they were receptive to negotiation and I was happy with the outcome!

And my car is now 1.5 weeks old and I LOVE it.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good. Glad you are enjoying your car. There are much nicer pubs for lunch in Shrewsbury as well!
A good run from Stafford too. Chuck caravan on the back and instant weekend away...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
CARAVAN!!!! wtf, you should be whipped, rolled in salt and made to eat goat scrotums (RAW) while having a cricket bat inserted into your anus - wide end first.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CARAVAN!!!! wtf, you should be whipped, rolled in salt and made to eat goat scrotums (RAW) while having a cricket bat inserted into your anus - wide end first.
Can you do this after I unhook the van please. May be a tad uncomfortable driving......

Reactions: Snow Man

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Before - its meant to persuade you not to have a caravan.
Too late. I shall put my Harry Potter cloak over the van so it becomes invisible....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Went into to Stafford Audi to enquire about ordering a new Q5. Couldn't get served after 30 minutes waiting for a salesman to become available. Never offered refreshments while waiting. Supplied contact information when advising receptionist we couldn't wait any longer and 3 weeks later still still no phone call or email.

So went to Shrewsbury Audi to be greeted by Matt when we walked in off the street who within 20 minutes had me test driving a model they had and spent an hour with us in all.

So if/when we decided to order Shrewsbury you shall have my money, Stafford this is the second time you have let me down. You really need to brush up your act a little.....
My recent experience with both my local Audi and Land Rover has been poor.
Once they've met their targets, they're not interested, it seems.

LR were quite honest and blasé about it and just said "it's a cash rich city".

Audi never called back, so I went 50 miles to the next dealer (did that for the A5 too, although a different dealer to the SQ).

Sister did the same thing with her Merc. She went to another dealer 50 miles away.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My recent experience with both my local Audi and Land Rover has been poor.
Once they've met their targets, they're not interested, it seems.

LR were quite honest and blasé about it and just said "it's a cash rich city".

Audi never called back, so I went 50 miles to the next dealer (did that for the A5 too, although a different dealer to the SQ).

Sister did the same thing with her Merc. She went to another dealer 50 miles away.
Hi DR22. Shrewsbury is 55 miles away from me so is there a unwritten law that you have to go this far the receive good service do you think????

Bloomin ridiculous I think.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts