Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this afternoon I was speccing an SQ5 for the first time and I was surprised at how much they give you as standard. It seems that they're being a bit mean with its spec.

For me they should include on top of the standard: a flat-bottomed steering wheel, heated front seats, drive select and dynamic steering. If the SQ5 had all that as standard (and I was old enough!) I would consider buying one.

OR/AND...

They could do something like an 'SQ5 Special Edition' which includes the above as well as: technology pack high, B&O, privacy glass, electric boot, and parking system advanced.

A normal SQ5 with no options cost £43,725, however with the extra few bits I put on they could price a better-specced standard SQ5 at £44,500. The SQ5 Special Edition could then be priced at around £47,000 - which for all the standard kit included is fairly decent as the extra kit is worth £4,000.

Questions:
Do you agree that the SQ5's standard spec is a bit mean?
Do you agree the extra options should be standard - if not which options?
Would you agree that the special edition SQ5 is a good idea for the range and that the option choices are appropriate?
Would you consider/buy the £47,000 SQ5 Special Edition?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was happy to pay £50,000 for mine - great value for money IMHO
It's just the fact that it's not in the £40k margin (when specced to a good standard) that it seems a bit ludicrous - £50,000 for a sporty Q5, I'd rather buy a Range Rover...

·
Registered
249 Posts
A Range Rover? Are you sure?

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I've had a range sport hse,and that model does come pretty much fully loaded, I think I just added a roof and steps,I agree with u ,it would b a good idea to offer a bundle pack of extras as an option,but I got 10% discount on my sq so in theory I didn't pay 4 the extras ,but a range sport wit same spec as my sq is 75k, that's a 28k difference ,so as much as the sq seems expensive,compared to the sport it's miles apart ,and I find the build quality is better on the Audi,and performance and residuals era better 😄

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I agree with ADS, but flat bottom I'm not bothered about/wouldn't want
Parking system advanced is part of the tech pack.

Things i believe that should be standard are extended leather pack, folding mirrors, carbon atlas, storage pack, HHA, TPM (both just coding so its not like theres a cost!) and advance key - i.e. all the more sporty things. At the end of the day AUK define whats standard and whats on the options list.

S models don't normally have SEs.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
No... Range Rover Evoque, sorry!
Yep, have a RR Evoque and sorrow comes as standard. Skin deep beauty, thats it.

Audi specs in UK are mean (compared with say the USA) but from Audi UK's point of view its what the market will stand and people buy their products big time. The SQ is pretty reasonable value given the performance available, there isn't anything in the RR stable irrespective of price that could keep up in either performance or residual value terms.

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
if you look at it objectively - id say the RRE is much better looking SUV and the tech is generally much better than that offered by Audi.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I like the look of RRE, I think it has a nice aggressive look,I don't no how good the tech is now ,last RRS i had was 2010,but the power out put of the RRE is just to little,and other forum members have mentioned poor build quality 😄

·
Registered
952 Posts
Why are we comparing the RRS with the SQ5, there is a major price differential, size difference etc etc . Pretty pointless comparison.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
RRS starts around 50k, so if you got a 6-12 month old one vs a new SQ i see the price point being around the same.
I also see they are planning to launch a new concept at the NY car show today.

Build quality - never had one can't comment, the two people i do know who have them love them and the the only comment made was about a piece of plastic trim (i don't recall what now). People buy what they like, no point trying to argue with them - its their cash..

http://www.autoblog....over/auto-show/

·
Registered
952 Posts
You aren't going to get much of a new model RRS for 50k, when I was looking at X5s it was coming to 60k and the similar spec RRS was another 6 or 7k and no great discounts. I would compare my well specced and discounted SQ5 at 48k with a RRS at 20k more so its not the same ball park.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Even if were at the same price, I would choose the SQ5 over any of the BMW / RR variants. It would be a boring world if we all liked the same? ..................... I don't mind blonde or brunette, as long as she has big tits

1 - 20 of 44 Posts