Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, has anyone notice a chattering of the brake pads on their relatively new sq5? I noticed that mine started after 1500 miles and the car is now at 6700 and the rattling is worse. It's a very noticeable rattle which Audi are investigating, just wondered I anyone else is experiencing this as Audi (Huddersfield) say there are more cars out there with this problem. They need more feedback to progress a fix from Audi Germany, I would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

Gary

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Not had that problem (yet) and hope not to,I've done 2000 in mine,I do get a lot of squeekig though wich irritates the life out of me 😞

·
Registered
529 Posts
No squeaks or rattles on mine now that the heat shield has been tweaked :)

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'm sure a few months ago someone on here had a brake rattle issue on their SQ... Can't remember who tho. They got it fixed tho.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
No squeeks or rattles but do get the gentle 'tick tick' when doing slow manoeuvres, usually when reversing. Need to get that sorted. Good luck in getting it sorted. It's not related to the kerb incident is it?

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had a rattle after a few thousand miles (started modestly and became worse, mostly at lower speeds) and it turned out to be the front brake discs, not the calipers or pads (although it really gave that impression)
In my case the rattle stopped when I applied the brakes, and it returned as soon as I released the brakes again.

The front brake discs had a construction fault, showing some minor cracks inside, making them rattle, make sure they look into that
They can always contact Audi Peerlings in Overpelt, Belgium; they new the problem from an A8 and fixed it (replaced the brake discs); in the meantime I am 15000 miles further and the problem did not return with the new discs

·
Registered
334 Posts
Can you please describe the noise, I have a noise that sounds a little like someone screwing up a rubber glove!!!! Been told by audi that it's the cv boot rubbing on its self, but not sure!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts