Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have my Panther Black SQ5 and am thinking of a partial wrap. Interestingly Audi advert now have a car featured with the type of wrap I'm considering. Does anyone have any recommended car wrap fitters who could do this in the SE London area? Audi SQ5.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
where's the wrap on that?
Just artsy lighting isn't it?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Literally wrapping the car with a vinyl sheet. It's classed as a temporary change of colour so no need to update the V5 and is A LOT cheaper than a respray.
Very common in the modded car world.
I know a lot of people with wrapped cars and from a distance the crazy colours that are possible look good, but close up you can instantly see its a wrap even on the best professionally applied ones.

When you see chrome R8's and bugatti's etc they are wraps for example. Because A) it's very hard to spray a chrome effect B ) it's cheap C) no one is stupid enough to permanently spray a super car chrome and devalue it that much

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Mate just finished wrapping his drift car today as an example... This is one of the better applied ones.
It's a purple with a bucket load of glitter in it.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'll let him know its having the desired effect snowman! (To shock people!)

·
Registered
700 Posts
LOL,
I think i wont be wrapping my new SQ5 !! Not for a while any way!

·
Registered
877 Posts
LOL yes it's an interesting treatment but I think I'll persevere with my boring Estoril Blue for a few months yet

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just a few months then might brighten it up with a cool Pink shade for the winter months

·
Registered
877 Posts
Has anybody seen any 'pimped' Q5's on the road or is it a vehicle that doesn't attracted that kind of treatment at the moment? I'm wondering if in the future we'll see some pimped-up SQ5's as that section of the market notices the performance etc...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts