Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi might be a silly question but does any one know why the WADING Depth on the SQ5 in only 170mm when the rest of the Q5 range is 500mm, that some 330mm difference when the car is only 30mm lower, that means you can only drive through 6.8" water in the SQ5 and 20" in the Q5 some thing wrong on figures there i think !! ive seen this in the latest Audi Q5 / SQ5 catalogue,,,, Page 74-75 on Audi PDF catalogue all listed in the OFF ROAD CAPABILITIES

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I read that too, I rather wonder if it's something to do with that exhaust actuator device that the SQ5 has - it seems to software controlled so that implies some sort or motorised/solenoid gubbins.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John yes it could well be the case, trouble is no one at audi you ask knows the answer as the car is not out yet, that wont really affect me i just thought its a vast difference to the standard car and thought it could be print error,

·
Registered
700 Posts
I read that too, I rather wonder if it's something to do with that exhaust actuator device that the SQ5 has - it seems to software controlled so that implies some sort or motorised/solenoid gubbins.
ps- good news with your build week slot coming forward ..

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I pointed this out to my dealer - he rang Audi Germany and they said they have put this for now until they publish the final figures and while it's not official yet it will likely be 470mm (30mm less than Q5, makes sense as 30mm lowered).

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds more like it josebedardi, i thought it was a bit strange the book figures

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I pointed this out to my dealer - he rang Audi Germany and they said they have put this for now until they publish the final figures and while it's not official yet it will likely be 470mm (30mm less than Q5, makes sense as 30mm lowered).
If that was the case though - wouldn't an SLine Q5 with Sline Suspension (which is lower than std) also be affected - and they make no max wading depth statement for that do they?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
S-Line Suspension claims to be not lowered...
Screen Shot 2013-03-30 at 23.27.56.png

Attachments

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
S-Line Suspension claims to be not lowered...
View attachment 982
I beg to differ...page 60 of the March 2013 brochure - Sline Sports suspension (not lowered) is a no cost option - that would imply that std SLine suspension is lowered? I ordered 'Sport' suspension on my last 'Sline' A5 Cab...was noticeably less harsh than the Sline std effort of -20mm on 18" rims.

I'm kind of hoping that the SQ5 on stock 20" rims and a 30mm reduction in ride height won't be too firm...most of the road tests haven't remarked on it other than 'sorted', Audi are very good at painfully hard suspension....here's hoping.
I take heart in that my current temporary A1 1.4 TFSI SLine has pretty decent ride quality and is super good fun to drive too....maybe Audi have finally cracked the ride quality thing.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I beg to differ...page 60 of the March 2013 brochure - Sline Sports suspension (not lowered) is a no cost option - that would imply that std SLine suspension is lowered? I ordered 'Sport' suspension on my last 'Sline' A5 Cab...was noticeably less harsh than the Sline std effort of -20mm on 18" rims.

I'm kind of hoping that the SQ5 on stock 20" rims and a 30mm reduction in ride height won't be too firm...most of the road tests haven't remarked on it other than 'sorted', Audi are very good at painfully hard suspension....here's hoping.
I take heart in that my current temporary A1 1.4 TFSI SLine has pretty decent ride quality and is super good fun to drive too....maybe Audi have finally cracked the ride quality thing.
Yep - my bad - standard is lowered.

I took an A1 1.6 TDI S Line out for a test drive the other day and thought it was quite harsh TBH - drove well but not a cruiser thats for sure. Had just taken a Polo GTI (same chassis as the A1) out the hour before and the Polo seemed soft in comparison!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts