Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried to keep up with a Lamborghini Gallardo during a short highway sprint

of course, the lamborghini was faster than my SQ5, but I was surprised that the speed at which the lambo gained on me was not so fast, despite him giving full throttle as well (you can hear that if you listen carefully)

just a short fun movie about that moment:

all the best :)

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
If I was in the Lamborghini I'd be thinking WTF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice little clip... no way that lambo is on full throttle though.... those things reach a lovely pitch when high in the revs and that sounds like he's just cruising low down.
1m40s in this gets the point across

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jamiekip, believe me, it was full throttle; just like the 1 minute 44 sec moment in the clip you post, exactly the same sound and accellaration.
But, the starting speed was already high from the start, the warning signal you hear at the start of my clip indicates 100mph.

I looked at the specs of the lambo and on paper only 0.9 seconds faster to 60mph and 110Nm torque less; so, we won't be left behind quickly with our SQ5
(it was a standard gallardo, not the superleggera version)

anyhow, compared to similar situations with my previous cars, the supercars don't disapear at the horizon anymore in half a second, it takes them about 10 now :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Fair cop then... Be fun to tease a few supercars

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Not sure I see the point, but maybe that's why I "only" have the 2.0 tdi :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Certainly fun Jamiekip;
the problem is that with the SQ5 real challenges do not occur often anymore because 99% of the cars you meet on the road are a lot slower
So, only in a few rare occasions like this, I can get the joy again of exciting challenges like this; and I even like the ones where I just lose the most because they make you wanna do it better next time

and, if I now see that the only situations where I still lose sprints with fractions of a second are against cars like lambo's and ferrari's.... that's pretty cool

no point at all ransman, just pure fun

1 - 12 of 12 Posts