Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have just booked my SQ5 in at Audi after noticing low speed vibrations/rattles from the dashboard area. These are really quite low in volume but they would irritate the hell out of me. There is also a very slight clicking sound when engaging reverse gear.

Apart from the aforementioned, I am really enjoying the car.

Thought that I would let you know just in case others have experienced similar.

I got a mechanic to come on a road test with me today and he picked up the sounds instantly and agreed that it is not acceptable.In order to isolate the cause the car will have to be with them for at least a day. I am therefore getting a two day slot just to make sure, should they require parts.

I hope that your Qs are OK.

Regards,

ZED

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
More importantly, what are you insisting on as a suitable courtesy car... I'm thinking RS6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Ok, RS4. But start with the 6 and leave room to negotiate down!
I used to always get an M3 for my 135i... Just have to ask and make a fuss that their new car is not up to standard you expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
After the crappy Evoque that rattled like a bucket of spanners and was rejected back to Land Rover I don't want a rattle infested Q5...fingers crossed mine is better!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well lets hope it's a one off , when's yours due john it can't be far away now ?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well lets hope it's a one off , when's yours due john it can't be far away now ?
Hi Merlin - it was last heard off at Sheerness awaiting transport to the dealer - May 10th, 15th latest is the target date now - cherished plate transfer permitting. The dealer had another SQ5 on the same ship as mine - it was one of the last cars loaded at Emden and managed to come straight off and onto a transporter with the happy owner taking delivery last Friday.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not long now then John, Plate transfers are a nighmare at mo, Scottish john's pics look stunning i cant wait, mine is looking around second week of june, build week 20 so fingers crossed ! all the best.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hi Merlin - it was last heard off at Sheerness awaiting transport to the dealer - May 10th, 15th latest is the target date now - cherished plate transfer permitting. The dealer had another SQ5 on the same ship as mine - it was one of the last cars loaded at Emden and managed to come straight off and onto a transporter with the happy owner taking delivery last Friday.
You could always take it on a 13 plate, putting your plate on retention, then transfer it at a later date. I took delivery of my car 3 1/2 weeks earlier than if I had waited for the plate transfer to happen.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After the crappy Evoque that rattled like a bucket of spanners and was rejected back to Land Rover I don't want a rattle infested Q5...fingers crossed mine is better!
I would not get that worried. It really is not that bad but I am of the opinion that it should not be there and registering the issue immediately.

All Audis that I have had have been free of rattles.

Meanwhile, up with the music volume!!

ZED

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello All,

I have just booked my SQ5 in at Audi after noticing low speed vibrations/rattles from the dashboard area. These are really quite low in volume but they would irritate the hell out of me. There is also a very slight clicking sound when engaging reverse gear.

Apart from the aforementioned, I am really enjoying the car.

Thought that I would let you know just in case others have experienced similar.

I got a mechanic to come on a road test with me today and he picked up the sounds instantly and agreed that it is not acceptable.In order to isolate the cause the car will have to be with them for at least a day. I am therefore getting a two day slot just to make sure, should they require parts.

I hope that your Qs are OK.

Regards,

ZED
After 1k miles the said vibration has diminished. It is as if things are bedding in. I am not complaining

The sound from the rear still appears and disappears and I am therefore still taking the car in to the workshop next week.

The first 1k miles have "flown" by and have been greatly enjoyed.

I just thought that I would update you. Maybe somebody else has a similar experience

ZED

1 - 11 of 11 Posts