Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gather that Audi UK are not releasing new SQ5s to the dealerships until 17 April, 2013, soonest. This appears to be the official launch date for the UK.

Does anyone have any idea as to what form this launch will take i.e. television, dealership etc?

ZED

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
its just a soft launch or sales point, so nothing major will happen. Local dealers "may" do something, but those I've talked to are not considering this a big deal and wont be doing anything.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I Believe from Dealer input most dealers will get what call " a static model SQ5 " which can not be sold until all orders are forfilled, then it can be sold, until then its a show room display for dealer launch when they will have an off road weekend with the SQ5 as the show case, that info is from my dealer only and is only speculated at moment !! you never know, i dont really care as long as they get mine sorted asap !! lol

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Dealers are all getting issued with a car - some are doing statics, some are registering them as demo models. these cant be sold for 3 months (this is normal for Audis)
AUK is specing up the cars and dealers wont know what they are getting until just before they arrive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a bit of a fiddle around on the configurator with regards to the SQ5 and specified it to how my Q5 S line plus is. So, the only particular differences I can come up with are badges on grill etc, marking on leather seats and a 3.0 tdi engine, all for the paltry difference of £10,000!!!!! What! I mean seriously?????

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had a bit of a fiddle around on the configurator with regards to the SQ5 and specified it to how my Q5 S line plus is. So, the only particular differences I can come up with are badges on grill etc, marking on leather seats and a 3.0 tdi engine, all for the paltry difference of £10,000!!!!! What! I mean seriously?????
After owning 2 RS4 Cab's then on to 2 Q5 3.0 TDI S- lines / Then driving the 3.0 tdi bi -turbo in the A6 i was amazed, the power and torque in the A6 was incredible compared to the standard 240 bhp 3.0 in the Q5, matched with the new 8 speed box it felt great, there's no question for me that the engine alone is worth the extra loot !! , take out an A6 bi-turbo then order the standard 3.0 tdi !! , not forgetting the extra body styling on the SQ5 and sports extra's, buying an Audi Q5 you are in an exclusive club any way as you dont see that many on the road compared to any other suv in its class- buying an Audi SQ5 you will be worlds apart, to be honest i dont think you will see many out and about on the road, thus hopefully will keep prices strong for a couple of years ..lets see

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Yep, correct, but you can say the same with the existing 3.0TDi too which is basically 7k more than the 20TDi
If you try to apply logic you simple wouldnt buy cars. They depreciate like a stone, cost lots to run in fuel/tax so lets all buy the a leaf/prius

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, correct, but you can say the same with the existing 3.0TDi too which is basically 7k more than the 20TDi
If you try to by logic you simple wouldnt buy cars. They depreciate like a stone, cost lots to run in fuel/tax so lets all buy the a leaf/prius
True, life would be boring if we all bought the same though!

·
Registered
138 Posts
After owning 2 RS4 Cab's then on to 2 Q5 3.0 TDI S- lines / Then driving the 3.0 tdi bi -turbo in the A6 i was amazed, the power and torque in the A6 was incredible compared to the standard 240 bhp 3.0 in the Q5, matched with the new 8 speed box it felt great, there's no question for me that the engine alone is worth the extra loot !! ,
Hi Merlin, What are the differences between the 3.0 TDI engines in your previous Q5's, and the one that came in A6, which marks the imrovements for you?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Merlin, What are the differences between the 3.0 TDI engines in your previous Q5's, and the one that came in A6, which marks the imrovements for you?
Hi grant, yes although the 3.0 tdi is a good engine i always felt in the Q5 it could do with more power, the bi-turbo in the SQ5 which i tested in the current A6 was a fantastic improvement with a lot more power, torque and pick up, coupled to the new 8 speed auto box i was very impressed just the pull and continued pull impressed the most its as if it would go forever !!, dont get me wrong the two 3.0 tdi Q5's were great cars for me i just think the new SQ5 with the revised engine and gear box with much more power will be in a differnent league- everyone has there own opinions thou and me coming from an RS4 to my first Q5 3 years ago i felt i needed more !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts