Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So have picked up the SQ5 today, o what a car! Well worth the wait, I have owned few cars and have to say this is amazing in every way!

I remember reading that some owners have Dunlop tyres on their car's but have noticed mine are Pirellis just wondering what is on everyone else's?

I will put pic's up asap have been too busy driving it all day, pretty much any excuses to go some where!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congrats mate, looking forward to seeing those pics!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yes congrats. A great car...as per Ray, looking fwd to the pics...

Presume also, judging by your handle, that you had an RS6. Would be nice to have a compare/contrast

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Mine came with Michelins...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Dunlops for my SQ% they handle quite well with limited noise in imho

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine came on Goodyear.

Has anyone heard/tried running on Pirelli Snow & Ice all year round??

A friend of mine runs his X5 this way and claims to not be a problem on wear or anything else.

I would be interested in your views on this.

I live in the Highlands of Scotland where it gets pretty cold quickly and lasts a long time!!

ZED

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine came on Goodyear.

Has anyone heard/tried running on Pirelli Snow & Ice all year round??

A friend of mine runs his X5 this way and claims to not be a problem on wear or anything else.

I would be interested in your views on this.

I live in the Highlands of Scotland where it gets pretty cold quickly and lasts a long time!!

ZED
I guess you could, but in an accident you could find your insurer backing out of paying. Winter tyres are designed to operate below 7c.
Above this temp they are very 'squirmy'
Last Jan it was 13c for a few days and on my TT they were like jelly, great fun as you could power slide out of every corner like a rally god...
Short answer, I wouldn't. Tyres are your connection to the road so dont compromise with the wrong tyres in the wrong season!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: marky9074

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good comments there Jamie , did you end up purchasing winter tyres wasn't sure if I'd missed thread in that one ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good comments there Jamie , did you end up purchasing winter tyres wasn't sure if I'd missed thread in that one ?
Yup got the wheels and tyres purchased... Just need the car now.... Roll on March... Or will it be April.... May?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I guess you could, but in an accident you could find your insurer backing out of paying. Winter tyres are designed to operate below 7c.
Above this temp they are very 'squirmy'
Last Jan it was 13c for a few days and on my TT they were like jelly, great fun as you could power slide out of every corner like a rally god...
Short answer, I wouldn't. Tyres are your connection to the road so dont compromise with the wrong tyres in the wrong season!

Thanks Jamie "food for thought"!!

ZED

Reactions: jamiekip

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Apparently it's totally random. I read that it just depends what's in stock at the factory on the day. For the 21s at least the Dunlops seem a lot more popular, I'm guessing they favour them due to the obvious cost difference, but if they run out they use the P Zeros to keep the line moving.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pirelli P Zero's on mine which I collected on Tuesday morning.

·
Registered
202 Posts
P Zero on mine 21" - i am just waiting for the day i get an unrepairable puncture - i sense that there might be an issue sourcing one.

quick check round the usual online lot draws a blank for any type (blackcircles, mytyres, etc etc)

·
Registered
69 Posts
So i presume we have the p zeros as we have opted for the 21 inch wheel uograde and the standard wheels have Dunlop or Michelin fitted?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts