·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would love one - although my wife wants me to go back to an S5 or RS5!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
What a crap ad!! They really should have done something more exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ahhh - really nicely done.

It's memorable subliminal marketing - remember car adverts are so common and almost universally some car whizzing down a road - 'so what' 100 times over.

So Audi have done something different - have you ever seen a ladies high heel collapse in real life or on TV? No - you haven't - and probably never will again. There are several buried messages - mature elegant lady, dressed smart, let down by something that looked good but truly wasn't - and it spoilt her day, split skirt, a fall to the ground, contents of bag all over the pavement....

Cuts to the SQ5, also mature and elegant moving smoothly away....with the Audi commentary.

I'd say it was a perfect complement for the car, with a focus on it's target market (remember a lot of Q5s have lady drivers) - well done Audi marketing!

Reactions: Steppy

·
Registered
877 Posts
Frankly, it could be better. Less girls falling over, more exhaust note. Not in that line of work but not sure who it's designed to appeal to.

Ah just read comment above, so I'm probably wrong lol. I'll get me coat...

·
Registered
289 Posts
A little bit sexist perhaps. The ad implies the lady is an airhead with the "style over substance" line. 5/10 - could do better.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It's important not to read too much into this kind of marketing but rather consider what it leaves behind in the mind.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Compare this to the A6 TTDI ad though - which must be a similar audience?

I'd say this is far better!

·
Registered
182 Posts
This ad is clearly aimed at the Evoque buyer in a clever subliminal way.
They know the main competition at this time and are playing the appearance v substance cards.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Jose - knowing you are relatively young (27?) chap and a car enthusiast you would see the A6 advert as more 'tecnically attractive' and that was Audi tipping their hat at BMW who tend lead with a similar message.

As Windmill has suggested Audi have gone on the offensive in a clever subliminal way.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yea. I suppose it says a lot that they have created a car that appeals to multiple audiences tbh. As you say I'm young and love my cars so tech is always good, not so into faffy heel breakages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, speaking as a woman, it worked for me, message bang on!

So, boys, best get out your slingbacks!!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well, speaking as a woman, it worked for me, message bang on!

So, boys, best get out your slingbacks!!!!
Ah - hadn't thought the lady in the ad might be seen in a negative way by other females what happened to sisterhood BTW?). Not that I plan to take up wearing heels anytime soon you understand. I would, of course, not have driven off but would have rushed to the aid of the poor dear.

·
Registered
202 Posts
compare this to the R8 V10+ ad i have just seen - Turn the sound up high

"now that's how you sell a car"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts