Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Has anyone got a diagram etc which identifies the incoming and outgoing fuel lines in the engine bay?

Has anyone considered doing a Liqui Moly Diesel Purge?

It's supposed to be fed directly into the main fuel line going into the engine, and then back out with a small inline filter into the same purge container, and the engine reved between 2-3K until all used up.

However when I looked under hood recently, I believe there are 2 main fuel lines on the left above the air intake filter box, and one return going back to the filter under the car near the fuel tank.

Any ideas on how best to do this and how best to temporarily connect it all up?

I'm thinking of taking the blue and yellow incoming fuel lines and adding a bit of hose with a T-junction inline connector leading to a single pipe connected to the single white return fuel line, to form a closed loop back circuit to the fuel filter - or pulling the fuse for the fuel pump.

Then just just dunk the blue and yellow hose leading to the engine in the diesel purge container to suck it up, and a inline small filter on the return white fuel line with an extra bit of hose on the other side to bring the returned in used fuel back into the diesel purge container.

What do you think? What could go wrong?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds like the Terraclean I had done. Dunno how they connected it up as I didn't hang around. Can't say I noticed any difference or improvement.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I chickened out of doing this and opted to use up as much fuel in the tank as I dared, using OBDeleven to monitor how many litres it thought were in there. Then I bunged 2 litres of the stuff and went for a drive to get revs and heat up to help deep clean internals. No idea how successful it was as this was more for long term maintenance, done just before service oil change, to clear any gunk that passed into the oil. Also sprayed a whole can (while go someone to hold required revs) of Liqui Moly diesel intake cleaner at 2-3 second intervals down the intake manifold.

Post service have also added a bottle of Liqui Moly CeraTec to the oil which I think has made things just a touch smoother, but may just be me.

So all internals should be a lot cleaner. SQ running fine and smooth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts