Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Is there a notable difference in sound when changing from e.g. 'Comfort' to 'Dynamic' modus on your SQ5 TDI at idle??

The reason I ask is because when I received the car there was (as far as I recall) a notable difference in the sound. Right now there is absolutely no difference at idle whether I'm in Comfort or Dynamic. It's just 'Comfort' all the time until I rev it where the V8 sound kicks in.

I just recall playing in the MMI through Comfort - Auto - Dynamic - Individual etc. and hearing a more bobbly & deep sound when in 'Dynamic' / 'Individual' w/ exhaust in dynamic even at idle.

Thanks in advance!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Wen u change from comfort to dynamic,it goes straight to s mode,wich is higher rev range and it def sounds throatyer with a deeper growel 😄

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all the replies!

I'm only talking about a change in sound at idle going from e.g. comfort -> Dynamic (or Individual w/ exhaust setting at Dynamic) via ADS.

So judging from Snow Mans reply it seems normal that their isn't a significant change / deeper growl at idle going from Comfort to Dynamic.

Just weird since I could swear there was a pretty significant difference at idle when the car was new. I recall it as the exhaust was 'bobbling' / 'growling' at idle when scrolling trough the different modes in ADS. Hmmm.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have a pretty significant change, in Comfort sounds like an ordinary 'big diesel' engine, not agricultural sound though. As soon as I put in Dynamic or individual with Dynamic exhaust huge difference, much higher revving, sounds deeper, more noticeable from outside too, I see hundreds of pedestrians looking when in Dynamic

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The question was idle!!
Not driving. So unless you live in Piccadilly Circus - you won't get hundreds of pedestrians looking for sure..

This is why i use individual mode - so i can switch off the noise, when near traffic.
I see the people looking at the rear and seeing the TDi badge and then smirking.
Makes you feel like a total fraud.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Does it really? Haha you spend too much time worrying about what others think Snow Man! Enjoy it yourself and block everyone else out

·
Registered
80 Posts
The question was idle!!
Not driving. So unless you live in Piccadilly Circus - you won't get hundreds of pedestrians looking for sure..

This is why i use individual mode - so i can switch off the noise, when near traffic.
I see the people looking at the rear and seeing the TDi badge and then smirking.
Makes you feel like a total fraud.
or remove the badge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts