Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested to know how many of you drive only in "SPORT" mode out of city traffic.

I tend to shift into "SPORT" mainly on overtaking, but am thinking about using it more often. The engine sounds a lot nicer when it hangs onto the gears. It is also a lot more responsive, (not that it is lacking in "D").

Just interested in your views.

I may try tomorrow just to see how the economy suffers

I will let you know over a known route i.e. "S" versus "D"

ZED

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Zed, I drove An SQ5 today for around 40 miles on test, i used D for 10 miles and S for 30 miles it sounded so much nicer and fell a lot more responsive,

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Zed, I drove An SQ5 today for around 40 miles on test, i used D for 10 miles and S for 30 miles it sounded so much nicer and fell a lot more responsive,
Hi Merlin,

We obviously agree on this one.

Tomorrow's test will be interesting.

How did you find the SQ5?? Are they not great??????

ZED

·
Registered
700 Posts
I absolutely loved it, cant wait till mine turns up, its looking like end of May, Dealer says i can use there demo when ever its Free !!!! , ive been waiting for this day to drive one since registering my interest back in august and it did'nt disspoint one bit,
What a fantastic bit of kit

It will be better when ones in my Garage, Are you still enjoying yours ?? have you clocked up many miles yet ??

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I absolutely loved it, cant wait till mine turns up, its looking like end of May, Dealer says i can use there demo when ever its Free !!!! , ive been waiting for this day to drive one since registering my interest back in august and it did'nt disspoint one bit,
What a fantastic bit of kit

It will be better when ones in my Garage, Are you still enjoying yours ?? have you clocked up many miles yet ??
It is BRILLIANT!!!

I have only done around 500 miles though. Everyone has been full of enjoyment

We have been approached by total strangers, admiring the car and asking questions about it.

I hope that your sleep pattern has not been affected as much as mine was.

I will be out tomorrow and am very much looking forward to it. It is only around 100 mile round trip. "SPORT" mode here I come!!!

ZED

·
Registered
700 Posts
Enjoy your day ZED ill stick to the Vito in sport mode for now !!- not quite the same.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
(Said in the low voice Clarkson uses when something clearly turns him on!)

Yeeees - Sport mode is gooooood!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drove the first 20 miles in "SPORT" mode and got 37.1 mpg as opposed to 40 mpg + in "D" mode.

I have concluded that it makes sense to stay in "D" and just move to "S" as and when required. It is also nice to experience the contrast!!

ZED

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi all,

ZED, great to read your enjoying so much!

I drive 90% of the time in D and keep the S for when the engine is at temperature and want to play a little. The contrast makes it real fun.

In S the gearbox is quicker and alert, but too nervous for 'every day' driving.
I certainly also learned to appreciate the low rev gearing in D, where the torque works and the exhaust produces the slow deep burble

1 - 9 of 9 Posts