Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Why would they fit an off button ?
anyone turn it off?
Audi consulted their most loyal customer and between them they came up with the agreement that sound would be fitted to the SQ5 as long as it could be turned off!
Good result Snowman lol
Sorry couldn't resist mate

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
For those quiet departures when you are somewhere you shouldn't be....

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
off, its never off just turned down, it should be completely removed if they asked me - its an embarrassment in the same way a a V10 badge on the side would be. You see all the people laughing as you go by - same as with the 1.2 Golfs and 15 tails pipes and a rally backfire coming out of the back...

fake noise seems to be the in thing, clearly its here to stay..

·
Registered
952 Posts
In two months I have never seen anyone laugh at the noises my car makes but then of course what does a mere mortal like me know!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
In two months I have never seen anyone laugh at the noises my car makes but then of course what does a mere mortal like me know!
u wouldn't hear laughter over the sound of our fabulous sq's,I think 99.9% of owners love this growel of thunder,and from a lot of posts on here that sound has been a swaying factor in the purchase!,so Audi have defiantly got that right í ½í¸„

·
Registered
157 Posts
Same here to be honest, no laughs just quite a lot of surprised looks and a guy in a RR Sport who stopped at the lights to ask what was under the bonnet. The novelty is wearing off a little but it's nice to be able to switch it on and off. Preferable to the noise just coming through the speakers like with some other cars.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I've taken all my current other cars on a track day, i've not and never will take the SQ on a track.
I'm not going into to the is more like a personal attack...

·
Registered
277 Posts
The SQ5 is not a track car and never will be.......even when as low and stiff as mine is.

I don't agree with a good few comments Snow Man makes but everyone is entitled to an opinion and those should be respected and not attacked.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Not sure RDP's post was a personal attack - pretty much statements of fact. Every forum has a "Snow Man".

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
529 Posts
The negative comments that Snowman makes about the SQ5 makes me wonder sometimes why he ever purchased one.

But then you have to realise that he is in a enviable situation where he can compare the car against his other Audi's and what he says, like it or not, is usually correct.

I said it had near super car performance, which not so many years ago would have been right. Snowman says its not, and that's because he is comparing it to his R8 of today. Of course he is correct but for those of us that can only afford one all round vehicle, the SQ is a bloody good package. He is correct its a SUV and of course it doesn't handle like a pocket rocket does, but for again for those that have come from some of the Land Rover products, its a huge leap forward in the handling department.

Snowman says its not worthy of the S badge, well having never owned an S or RS Audi I don't know, so I have to concede to him on that (But secretly Snowman I know your wrong lol) I went on the Audi sports day and know I couldn't live with any of the S or RS range as an every day car other than the S7!

So back to the tread, Snowman cringes at the sound the SQ makes and that's because he has the real thing bellowing out from the R8. As I said before, after the engine its the second best part for me. We can only speak of how we find it, bloody good all round motor.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Not sure RDP's post was a personal attack - pretty much statements of fact. Every forum has a "Snow Man".
Exactly and that's what its all about, everyone's opinion

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
952 Posts
Seems some censorship has occurred..........

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did RDP delete his own posts or has the administrator removed them? Didn't see anything wrong with what he had posted or did I miss something?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Would be interesting to know who deleted them, I always saw this as a pretty fair forum for all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So if I want someone's post removed do I just complain about what they've written because I don't like/don't agree with it? Admin?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Who are the moderators, are they active forum members? I've been here a while and have never learned who the mods are.

Reactions: beafraid
1 - 20 of 21 Posts