Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either the SQ5 in SA doesn't get Drive Select or their test car didn't come with it?

http://blogs.timesli...gely-appealing/

Quote:
The steering is numb and vague while the chassis, now six-years old, is starting to feel its age. There is also no Audi Drive Select system present like you get in some of the more modern S cars. This means that you can't adjust the give of the suspension. Which means that you have to put up with rock hard damper settings setup for the paper-smooth tarmac of the first world. Not ideal
Unquote:

MT

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'm sure it is an option, usual poor research by the journos! Rock hard dampers - did they drive the same car!?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I didn't think that damper control was available on the SQ? Drive select but not damper control. Some reviews do make you wonder about the experience and judgement of the tester...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I didn't think that damper control was available on the SQ? Drive select but not damper control. Some reviews do make you wonder about the experience and judgement of the tester...
Correct, no adaptive dampers available.
ADS can only control engine response and exhaust sound, and if fitted ACC and dynamic steering.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Jose, When I test drove the SQ5 I didn't find it that firm at all. I had just gotten out of a Mondeo too!

MT

·
Registered
348 Posts
Drive select is an option

I visit SA twice a year and the suspension of the SQ5 is indeed way too hard for the average roads there

I mostly drive a Discovery with air suspension over there and even then you need to watch where you're going

·
Registered
596 Posts
"Hop inside the cabin and you will discover more sporty goodness. Subtle touches like a turbo-boost indicator; grey dials; brushed stainless steel pedals and cloth/leather combination seats embossed with the SQ5 logo".

Turbo-boost indicator? Where is it? What does it look like?
I haven't got one on mine...or at least I don't think so?
Any clues?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
"Hop inside the cabin and you will discover more sporty goodness. Subtle touches like a turbo-boost indicator; grey dials; brushed stainless steel pedals and cloth/leather combination seats embossed with the SQ5 logo".

I haven't got one on mine...or at least I don't think so?
Any clues?
Journalist has never been in the car again...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
It looks like the efficiency bar - I'm guessing they are confusing whats on the RSs with this feature.

Comments are pretty much spot on id say.
Steering is poor for an S, no damper option - ride is subjective based on roads you use.
Drive select is on the stock image they've used.

·
Registered
529 Posts
isnt it that soft pink hairy thing that has two halves that clenches when you put your foot down?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts