Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've been close to plumping for a 3.0 tdi Q5, S Line plus.....only to consider the SQ5 late in the day. With a but of 'man maths' I'm not sure it will actually cost much more over 3 or 4 years, because of potentially stronger residuals.

Has anyone managed to get any official Audi GFVs over 3 or 4 years?

Thanks!

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Your guess on residuals is better than mine. Perhaps you could ask for a PCP deal on a 3.0 TDI and SQ5 and compare the baloon payments, that may give you a better guesstimate?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
it wont hold it value in % terms as well as the lower models.
This is the same with every Audi.
I fear given even from the get go the level of discounts that were to be had on the S it could become a money pit.

reality is - no one knows either way!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not so high then, we were offered 20k residual on our 2.0tdi s line plus over 36 months.
Of course there are many factors involved e.g. mileage but I'm getting £22k trade in (Q5 SE 2tdi) for a new one in March when it'll be 2 1/2 years old with less than 18k on the clock (and I'm getting 10% off the new one) and I still have that nagging doubt about whether I could have agot a bit more!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got £29k for my 2 year old, 20k mile, 2010 2.0Tdi S-Line a year ago against the latest one (which has a GMFV of £18k at 36 months), but I suspect that was an exceptional deal as they were a bit desperate to shift some new metal? Plus I think the residuals on 2nd hand Q5's isn't quite as robust as it was - supply and demand and all that?

That said, the SQ5 residual quoted above, is no worse really than on say a new Porsche Boxster or Cayman of similar value?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts