Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered Red Brake Callipers on my SQ5. Just wondering if its OTT? Your comments will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I saw a Cayenne today it was white and on 21's it had red callipers and they looked good.

·
Registered
952 Posts
What colour of SQ5 are the getting? With most colours I reckon the red looks good although the standard black with SQ5 lettering also looks great.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sepang Blue. If the colour was Black or White Red Callipers would look sweet, Just not sure with Sepang?

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a Cayenne today it was white and on 21's it had red callipers and they looked good.
My dilemma is I have ordered Sepang Blue which I adore had it on my 3 previous Audi's so changing the colour is not a option.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
They will probably look OK, though the standard items in black with the SQ5 logos look great. I recall your spec is for 21" wheels and that probably means that the caliper is bit easier to access to keep clean, its tight on the stock 20s.

I do think Audi are being a bit ambitious asking £430 though....

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think that Sepang with the red callipers would look good. It's all down to personal opinion. I suppose you'll only know for sure when you see it in the flesh.

Edit - I've just seen that you have posted some photos of a Sepang blue SQ5 could you not change the calliper colour with photoshop and see what you think?

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed standard Black Callipers look the nuts! I'm not paying for the Callipers they are free so its take them or don't.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Red and blue -
The brakes on the Q are not really sporty looking ones, they are just blocks. black hides them pretty well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am thinking of ordering them too as I ordered ibis white with red & black interior so think they should look good.
Do we know if its the exact same caliper just painted red or a different designed caliper altogether?
£400+ seems a bit steep for a tin of red ht paint and a brush!

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I
Red and blue -
The brakes on the Q are not really sporty looking ones, they are just blocks. black hides them pretty well.
I would disagree. My view is they look very purposeful and give a clear indication as to what the car is capable of . With 380mmx36 Brake Discs and 17 inch 4 Pot Callipers hiding them is something I don't intend to do. I guess that answers my own question. Red Brakes it is!

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am thinking of ordering them too as I ordered ibis white with red & black interior so think they should look good.
Do we know if its the exact same caliper just painted red or a different designed caliper altogether?
£400+ seems a bit steep for a tin of red ht paint and a brush!
Just paint.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I agree with you, the standard brakes do look imposing and not at all like a regular tiny disc set up.

£400 must buy more than just a change of colour.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I like the red caliper ,but agree £430 is extremely dear for a colour change,would like to no if there is any other difference in the caliper 😄

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Maybe there powder coated ,wich looks better than painted,it gives the calipers a ceramic look 😄

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
My pals got a cyanne ,and had his calipers powder coated by a company that does mclarens work ,taken off car stripped and re sealed and powder coated £600, they do look good ,but his calipers are much larger than sq ones ,so have a lot of impact

Reactions: Lucki

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Powder coating is cheaper than painting.But yes to get your calipers painted/powder coated properly I would charge about £500 and that's for fronts only. As far as I'm aware the £430 is just a change in colour and I say this because £450 will not cover a full Ceramic brake upgrade or Brembo/Akibono Callipers front and Drilled Brake disc as per RS models.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
HI mate, is red callipers now an option from stock or are you planning on powder coating?

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Red Callipers are a new option for MY15 SQ5. Not planning on powder coating as I got this option at no cost.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I

I would disagree. My view is they look very purposeful and give a clear indication as to what the car is capable of . With 380mmx36 Brake Discs and 17 inch 4 Pot Callipers hiding them is something I don't intend to do. I guess that answers my own question. Red Brakes it is!
Have you seen sport brakes before or the ones on the SQ?
They are 100% anything but sporty, but then again its not really a sporty car... just a quick SUV.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts