1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
It's a shame they don't ????

·
Registered
952 Posts
Get a tin of red Hammerite and a fine brush then your rear callipers can say whatever you want

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
A slightly practical observation would be that the design of the rear caliper is such that there isn't a visible area that the you could attach a logo to....the back face of the outer disk pad is visible through a cut-out in the casting...not much real estate to play with...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Or pay over £400 for Audi to paint all of them red for you if you need them to be more noticed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Only the R8 has a logo on the rear - but this is because the front and rear are the same size/same part.
None of what you said there is correct. The R8 runs a 4 piston rear caliper with a seperate handbrake caliper, the front is an 8 piston caliper.

Also the newest RS4/5/7 steel brakes and the ceramic on the S7 at least are now coming with plates on the calipers.

The reason for no logo on the rears is because they are all single piston calipers (apart from the R8) and they need the hole for the piston reset tool to wind the piston back in when the pads are changed

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I have an R8, so you'll have to trust me i know what the brakes look like....
The ceramic fronts are actually 6 pistons not 8, but the part or plate front for all of them is the same size for both callipers.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have an R8, so you'll have to trust me i know what the brakes look like....
The ceramic fronts are actually 6 pistons not 8, but the part or plate front for all of them is the same size for both callipers.
You may want to go and look at your R8 again then as the rears are not the same as the front.

You are correct on the ceramic point though, I was referring to the non ceramic cars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts