Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone order a luggage partition or get one with there car but have no need for it.
Will pay any reasonable price. I really should have order it with my car but thought they where standard and only £90 when ordered with car £200 as an accessory its the net that clips in to your roof line with straps that tie down to the clips in the floor. Its is needed to stop my dog jumping over the rear seats from the boot. There are some on ebay but they look naff. Any help much appreciated

·
Registered
700 Posts
I do have one you can purchase, I purchased for my first Q5 in 2009 as an accessory , only used it once, have not used it since in last 2 cars, think it cost me £160.00 back then so they have increased a lot since, trouble is if most people need one they order with car that's why I had not tried ebaying it thought there would not be any call for it,Make me an offer im based in the Midlands area

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi merlinv8, i have my supplying dealer trying to order one on another stock q5 as they are £90 when ordered with a new car however i have too wait 7 weeks. Let me know what you want as i will also have to factor getting a courier to collect it if you are ok with this as i live in surrey.

Thanks

Dom

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Dom, when I get chance I will weigh it and try to get figures on postage, its pointless me selling it for silly money if you have only got to wait 7 weeks for a new one , will be back in touch, all the best Merlin

·
Registered
596 Posts
Aussiedom - not looking to mess up a potential sale but another option could be the audi dog guard instead? I have one on the Q5 (cost from dealer was about £100 I recall) and is a great solid piece of kit.
Installs / removes in 5 mins via four plastic-headed screws (no tools required) and has an extra "latch door" incorporated - with split rear seat folded down, it's useful for skis / snowboards or any larger bags or items which won't fit width-ways in the boot.
Using it, I can still have two kids sitting comfortably in the rear seats, room for a couple of squashy bags bags, and enough room for the doodle dog in the boot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Barbyboy Thanks for your post do you have a link or any pics so i could so it. Thanks in advance Dom

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Aussiedom - Jose has kindly already loaded photos - mine's the same transverse unit with latch door.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys looks really nice but i really wanted something black and the simpler the better so the partition net may still be the best offer. Merlinv8 did you manage to come up with a price yet? Would really like to get this sorted asap as my new sq5 is just about to come out of the body shop as im having the front grill and fog lamp surrounds and alu window trims all gloss black so would be nice to get everything done so i can start to enjoy it!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Morning Aussiedom, can I let you know Monday, I will ask local courier for a price, looking forward to seeing pics of your car once its been in body shop

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Aussie dom , looking at it its probably going to cost around 20 ish pound to post by courier, its over a meter long and not the lightest !!, it cost me 160 so how about half price at 80.00 pound then 20.00 pound for courier, 100 all in ??, let me know i will have to bubble wrap it then brown paper etc,

Cheers all the best Merlin

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well that's proberbly not worth me persuading as Crewe Audi have offered me there new one on eBay for £110 del and my local dealer is happy to spec amend a q5 on order with the partition which is only going to cost me £90 new so it doesn't really make sense buying a used one for £100. Thanks but ill have to pass as I thought you might say £60-£70 del would be fair!

·
Registered
700 Posts
No worries , to be honest it cost me 160 as I said and only used it once for about half hour didnt even put anything it back , it's as new still in bag , I can't justify selling it any less sorry but all the best enjoy your new car looking forward to pics

Cheers merlin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts