Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just about to order SQ5 plus but really can't decide on colour. I normally drive Mercedes and currently have a white coupe. Have had black before so I know the pros and cons of each colour. My big issues are the looks. With the black pack on the black car looks a bit lost but on the white stands out. This is a really hard decision as I have only just decided to get the car as 24 hours ago I was getting the Mercedes GLE. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Yep, colour choice is a tough one.

I've never owned or even considered a blue car (since my mk2 capri
), invariably my cars have been grey, silver or black, but the first SQ5 I went to look at was sepang blue and I was immediately sold. Wife wasn't so keen though and persuaded me that daytona grey, our initial preference, was still the way to go. I was picking the car and all of the extras so relented, until I found out daytona was £2K extra

Our/my thought process went along the lines :-
Red, don't like so immediately out.
White, never been a huge fan but looks good on certain cars.
Black, nice but, like you, felt the black pack would be lost.
Lava, really nice, but again IMO wouldn't suit the BP - if the trim had been chrome this is the colour I would have gone for.
Came down to monsoon, silver and sepang for us.
Like silver but didn't want to have 3 silver cars on the drive ( saw a plus in silver a couple of days ago and it did look good mind you)
After much deliberation monsoon was eventually ruled out because we felt it was maybe just a bit too understated.
Which left sepang

Ordered one fully expecting to bottle out and change the colour to monsoon but glad I held my nerve. It looks really good, wife likes it, attracts a lot of complements but is a bugger to keep clean, it is also pearlescent and 'free' which is not the norm for Audi!

Colour choice was by far the hardest part of the ordering process, if I had to choose between black or white I'd probably take a punt on my first ever white car and consider getting the rims powder coated gloss black.

The limited palate and extremely limited wheel choice is something Audi UK should really look at IMO.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks Steve

I have ordered the exact colour Monsoon Grey. I love how understated the Grey is.

I was seriously considering white, but a bit fed up of getting races in blue or white cars. I have never had the same colour twice.

Colour is a very personal choice.

All the best & enjoy your SQ5 Plus. Mine will arrive in 11 wks now. Cant wait!!!

Rappy

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,872 Posts
I really like Monsoon grey and Lava grey. Good choice, both will go with the black pack but Monsoon more so

·
Registered
597 Posts
I agree

Sturat, look at the Monsoon Grey pics on here of the SQ5 Plus, I can't find it now.

Really pleased with my choice.

Rappy

·
Registered
234 Posts
Love my Sepang, but white looks good too...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Thanks Steve

I have ordered the exact colour Monsoon Grey. I love how understated the Grey is.

I was seriously considering white, but a bit fed up of getting races in blue or white cars. I have never had the same colour twice.

Colour is a very personal choice.

All the best & enjoy your SQ5 Plus. Mine will arrive in 11 wks now. Cant wait!!!

Rappy
You're right, colour is very personal, it looks pretty good in all of the colours mind you.

This was my first brand new car, picking the colour turned out to be a lot less enjoyable than I expected

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ibis white was a no cost option so its a no brainer.
Hides scratches and chips plus easier matched if the worst happens.
Looks better and you can spend the money saved on something nice like reverse camera or the like.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Glacier White, brings out the best of the Q5

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The limited palate and extremely limited wheel choice is something Audi UK should really look at IMO.
Agreed, if you go on the German version of the confabulator there is a much wider choice with most if not all the 20" options being free. I would really like a set of titanium optics (as I have on my winters) for my summer wheels but cannot bring myself to spend the money demanded!

Reactions: SteveMcB

·
Registered
190 Posts
Paint is free on SQ5 Plus.

Rappy
In the latest brochure Sepang and Panther Black are now listed as a £220 option on the SQ5 Plus. However, going onto the configurator choosing Sepang does not increase the cost by this amount but the Panther Black does!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You're right, colour is very personal, it looks pretty good in all of the colours mind you.
I also looked on the German confabulator when ordering, daytona grey and charcoal RS4 style wheels available at no cost! Dealer told me it was down to Audi UK? I think getting to 'choose' from 2 colours on only 1 style of wheel is a bit stingy

Reactions: MrH

·
Registered
417 Posts
re: Red (volcano), I would not have chosen this naturally, but it was the colour of my 5 month old car when I went to look at it, and in the flesh it was stunning, particularly with red calipers, so I'm a changed man :)

I dislike white as i hides the shape of a car, I had two metallic black cars (still have one) and they are a pita to keep clean, so would not go there again...

...so, were I to buy a new one, I'd be vey tempted by the £1000 option to take any colour in the Audi range to be distinctive - perhaps that purply-blue? or yellow!, or that baby blue, or....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glacier White, brings out the best of the Q5
I have to agree. Had the "black" package so no chrome and I think it looks really good.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had considered volcano red and sepang blue but when talking to the wife she liked the grey or silver both very nice but decided on monsoon grey can't wait to pick it up in 4 weeks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had considered volcano red and sepang blue but when talking to the wife she liked the grey or silver both very nice but decided on monsoon grey can't wait to pick it up in 4 weeks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts