Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone having put a deposit down on an SQ5.

Big thanks out to many members on here who have helped me through the process... only took me nearly 18 months to talk the wife round as it's her car!

Final Spec:
SQ5 - Estoril Blue - 21" wheels - Black leather - Leather Pack Plus - Flat Bottomed S/W - Memory Seats and Mirrors - Heated Seats - Carbon Atlas Inlays - Tech Pack High - B&O - Drive Select - Parking Advanced - Phone Prep Low - Privacy Glass - Rear Window Blinds - Rear Seat Bench Plus - Electric tailgate - Storage Pack - Load Mat - Underfloor Storage - TPS - Hill Hold & a 5 year wartranty.
I really wanted the alcantara headlining but it was an option to far for me.

I went through drivethedeal in the end as none of my local dealers were prepared to even discuss discounts on the SQ5.
Walked away with 9% off RRP which I'm happy about.

I'm quoted an early September delivery which will be perfect.

Only 4 months to go!

Reactions: Chopper

·
Registered
202 Posts
excellent - nicely loaded

·
Registered
700 Posts
Great deal that, good looking spec too, all the best Waiting, you have waited long enough already !!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the club! Expecting mine in a matter of days now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Good spec! Any reason you didn't go with Phone Prep high - as wizzy toy it's relatively inexpensive....

·
Banned
842 Posts
Great spec and great deal. I'm sure I can talk my Mrs round now if I say I can get £4k off!

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
I found one issue with online brokers is, most will not accept trade in. I was very happy with the price to change from my yocal Audi dealer.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

@ sq5John - I didn't go for phone prep high as it's the wifes car. She's not really interested in all that stuff and as we both run Apple phones seemed pointless. Besides, all I really want to do is make a call safely which the low prep facilitates nicely.
@ Chopper - thoroughly recommend drivethedeal. I was neervous initially, but they've been great even supporting me in addressing a pricing error on the audi config site which is echoed on the dvd site (Extended leather plus is miss priced @ £460 and should be £240). I dealt with a chap called Lawrence, so if you go that route do mention you were referred by me, you never know it may benefit us both!

Seems a long wait now lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
I found one issue with online brokers is, most will not accept trade in. I was very happy with the price to change from my yocal Audi dealer.
I agree with Missile, with no PX a broker may be the best way to go but as soon as you have something to PX its best to try to sweet talk you dealer. I was very surprised with the deal on the new car and the PX price which was 63% of what we paid 4 years ago!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I agree with Missile, with no PX a broker may be the best way to go but as soon as you have something to PX its best to try to sweet talk you dealer. I was very surprised with the deal on the new car and the PX price which was 63% of what we paid 4 years ago!
should also say that will be 56,000 miles and four years later!

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
It is so convenient to drive in with your old banger and drive out with your new motor.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you can get the right deal, definately.
I know when I got my TT it was a great price (12.5% off) from Hitchin Audi and the trade on price for my S3 was as per book. No brainer that time.
No trade on for the Q5 so this has worked out best for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts