Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
After deliberating over which car to buy I have today paid my deposit and the wait begins for my first ever Audi.

On order for March is an SQ5 in Ibis White with Magma Rd/Black interior, my current X5 is really well loaded with options so there were loads of option boxes ticked to keep my new car comparable. Options are :

Advanced Key
Audi Drive Select
Hill Hold assist
Parking system advanced
Bang & Olufsen
Folding Door mirrors
Memory electric seats
Heated front and rear seats
High Beam assist
Panoramic roof
Power tailgate
Privacy glass
Rear side airbags
Load floor mat
Flat bottomed steering whee
Tech pack high
Tyre pressure monitor
21" wheels

Options come to a total of £8000 exactly which is quite impressive.

I have 48 hours apparently to add anything, anything I missed. I didn't go for dynamic steering as I had already burst the budget and chose advanced key as my final treat.

Took a good few attempts to get to a discount level I was happy with but we got there and all the time they were courteous, business like and professional - unlike the BMW dealer I was also working with.

Roll on march ..............

·
Registered
952 Posts
First question of many perhaps ........... in the spec sheet it has Light/rain sensor in faint writing , then "replaced by high beam assist" . Surely it doesn't mean auto lights on and wipers is taken off if you order high beam assist?

Also do you only get a rear armrest if you specify the rear sliding seats?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I have rain sensors and high beam assist. I seems to remember asking my dealer about this and it was all good.

And yes, rear arm rest is only with bench seat plus.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
In fact here is the email exchange...

I said;
The High Beam Assist (8N7) appears to remove the light and rain sensors (8N6)? I assume this is actually in addition to and is only confusing as it is a different rear view mirror assembly?
He said;
High-beam assist
Light and rain sensor package is fitted as standard on all Q5s and will not be deleted by the addition of High Beam Assist

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome! Fantastic spec you have there, similar to mine! It will not let you down i promise - lovely change from the X5, very jealous of your interior, the wife didn't let me go for that

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't have Bench Seat Plus and I have a rear arm rest, you just dont get the cup holders in it..... unless its different on the SQ5

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought the auto lights and wipers should be standard, the print was rather confusing but good to get it confirmed.

As regards the rear arm rest my 6 year old son was keen to get it, if its there fine and if not there is no problem. I have ordered heated rear seats for them so I will be Daddy of the year for ticking that option. At only £160 more it seemed a decent idea. On the BMWs I was considering heated rear seats were £350!

Wait should not be too bad, dealer currently reckons late March but said it may come forward a week or two after factory reschedule in the new year.

I was told basically any changes to spec can be done today but not after, that seems very early is it not for a car not delivered until March.

The dynamic steering is the only one niggle, can't even remember how much it is. Don't really want to add it but would if its considered essential or even very desirable. Our driving is mainly low speed town work and main A class roads, not too many country lane races, if that helps anyone give advice.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Thought the auto lights and wipers should be standard, the print was rather confusing but good to get it confirmed.

As regards the rear arm rest my 6 year old son was keen to get it, if its there fine and if not there is no problem. I have ordered heated rear seats for them so I will be Daddy of the year for ticking that option. At only £160 more it seemed a decent idea. On the BMWs I was considering heated rear seats were £350!

Wait should not be too bad, dealer currently reckons late March but said it may come forward a week or two after factory reschedule in the new year.

I was told basically any changes to spec can be done today but not after, that seems very early is it not for a car not delivered until March.

The dynamic steering is the only one niggle, can't even remember how much it is. Don't really want to add it but would if its considered essential or even very desirable. Our driving is mainly low speed town work and main A class roads, not too many country lane races, if that helps anyone give advice.
You'll live without Dynamic Steering - Advanced Key is more useful...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that, Advanced Key I really fancied as both my cars have comfort access and the thought of having to put a key in the dash

The bluetooth and technology items I haven't really investigated, I do like my toys but don't use the nav much so didn't really think the send to car feature etc would be useful. Wouldn't want to miss out on something trick for the sake of a few pounds, currently my order doesn't add any extra bluetooth options, just whatever is included as standard and in Tech pack.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Well you get all sorts of online features besides send to car, google earth satellite imagery for example. But again, its not the end of the world not to have it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congratulations on taking the plunge! I can assure you it is well worth the wait!

March will come around quickly - with the exception of the final week! That week goes on and on and oooooonnnnnnnnn........

Congrats again. G

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have rain sensors and high beam assist. I seems to remember asking my dealer about this and it was all good.

I have the rear arm rest and didn't spec Bench Seat Plus. Haven't checked if it included cup holders though

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nice Spec Davyk Yes as Jose says the Advanced key is a great option i have had it on 3 cars now and would always spec it on a new one, Have you stuck with the standard trim, i know the Piano black looks stunning with the Black/Red seat combo.

All the best with your wait,

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I did stick with the standard trim although was tempted by the piano black as I thought it would look good with my interior and also I have had in another car I have at the moment. The reason I didn't go for it was that I was a bit worried it might scratch or get damaged too easily with my wife and kids using the car mostly. They are trained to be very careful but anything black can get marked so easily.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes I did stick with the standard trim although was tempted by the piano black as I thought it would look good with my interior and also I have had in another car I have at the moment. The reason I didn't go for it was that I was a bit worried it might scratch or get damaged too easily with my wife and kids using the car mostly. They are trained to be very careful but anything black can get marked so easily.
Believe me the aluminium trim is very soft and marks very easily. I am ultra careful, but one day I lost grip of my key (no key fob silly me) and I ended up with several nasty dings.

I would specify piano black next time as its a very good price. If I had known how soft the aluminium was before I bought the car I would have ordered the piano black. Having said that I much prefer the look of the aluminium trim and now I have had it replaced I am very happy again and even more careful than before and now have a key fob.

If you have the advanced key, then it may not be such an issue

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now you have me worried

·
Registered
20 Posts
Davyk,
Nice spec. One of my "between Xmas/New Year" tasks is to work up a definitive option list which I think will be similar to yours.
If you don't mind me asking, how good was the discount? I will be a cash buyer with no px and very interested in whether dealers can get close to the best brokers prices which seem to be 7-8% currently.

·
Registered
503 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts