Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking for a while, reading and learning about the SQ5 and thought it was about time I raise my head.

We are just about to order an SQ5, currently the wife drives an A1 and I have had an A5 in the past, so always enjoyed driving the brand.

Recently we had a new baby, so the A1 wasn't going to cut it and I liked the looks and noise of the SQ.

My local dealer kindly leant us one for a weekend a few months back to try it out, which was great however with all the baby kit we still wasn't sure if it would be large enough!

After lots of back on forth on the spec we have finally settled on below -

Panther Black
Magma red/black seats
heated seats
electrically adjustable from seats & memory
Rear bench plus
drive select
dynamic steering
red brakes (potentially!!) - think this would go nice with the panther black
Tech pack advanced
B&O radio
mobil prep high
advanced key
homelink
storage pack
reversible load mat
side window blinds
power tailgate
privacy glass
hill hold
parking advanced
MFSW flat bottomed

Have been in talks with three dealers, our current, our local and one recommended from work, and currently at about 5.5% discount and looking at August delivery.

Any thoughts on spec would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Welcome, that's a good spec for an SQ, I briefly toyed with the idea of the red calipers and then sanity prevailed, they look great in gloss black too. You should be able to get another 1.5% disc without major strife.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The reversible boot mat isn't great in my opinion, better the plastic load tray that you buy as an accessory.

Also not sure you need rear blinds and privacy glass as the glass is pretty dark.

Pano roof would be a nice addition and 21" wheels are more or less essential for me as they look so special.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yes good point Davy, the reversible boot mat is next to useless in practice, you would be better of getting an Audi boot liner and an RGM bumper protector, much more practical.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I had been reading something on here about the liner, as we have the young baby we wanted both the privacy and the blinds, we toyed about with one or the other, but when testing in bright light she was still getting the sun in her eyes so seems to work ok.

The wife won't let me go for larger wheels and I am quite happy with the 20" which it comes with.

The tip on discount is good, so will be going back and asking for a bit more.

Cheers again

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome and what a great spec you've got on order! The discount seems a little harsh and, for the amount you've ordered, you should ask for 7%.

- I honestly wouldn't bother getting the mobile prep high, unless you need it.
- Same for the dynamic steering
- If you've got young kids, don't go for the blinds because from what I've heard they're flimsy and also a waste of money if you've got privacy glass

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard,instead of blinds that the kids could break,y don't u gret the rear side windows re tinted on top of factory tint,proberbly only be £80 total and give the extra shade,I've had mine done and ther gr8,the red calipers will look gr8,you've got an excellent spec ,with that spec u must b hitting 50k,u should def go for a higher discount,get them up to 10% then youl b getting the pan roof free!and a few other goodies ????

·
Registered
706 Posts
High Beam assist is a great asset if you drive at night a lot. The best option in my opinion for about £100.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks - I had been reading something on here about the liner, as we have the young baby we wanted both the privacy and the blinds, we toyed about with one or the other, but when testing in bright light she was still getting the sun in her eyes so seems to work ok.
I went with the privacy glass and blinds too - my kids are 6 and 4 now, but on long trips they will still have a nap and that works better when the sun is kept out of their face (that said, there's more sun in Australia than there is in the UK!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm on the UK and relate to what you are saying. in hindsight i would have both...
If you had to choose one, my recommendation would be the blinds. Mainly because the windows can be tinted at any time to get the effects of privacy glass, and it is harder to retrofit the blinds. Also, the blinds are a cheaper option when ordering.

·
Registered
343 Posts
We've just had the privacy glass on our last two Q5's and have found that to me fine - was worried about little fingers and the blinds

Audi also make a set of blinds that clip in and out and we had this set up with privacy glass in the wife's previous BMW touring

Cheshire Oaks ebay shop has them listed at £119.99 for the Q5

Would also recommend the Audi load tray at around £64 - try to do a deal and get it thrown in FOC

·
Registered
343 Posts
Agree with high Beam Assist that Shabazmo recommends, works much better than previous versions in BMW's

We have the Panoramic roof now but it does rattle from time to time - should get it looked at but then I'll have to try to get the SQ5 off the Mrs's

·
Registered
39 Posts
You should be able to get a little more off, I got just under 10% on a similar spec (listed at 52k) going through Orangewheeels, I can recommend them. I have ordered the boot liner and witnessed one on an RS4 last week, not impressed at all and wish I'd gone straight to ebay, I asked the dealer about dropping it but he said it's a factory item and a little too late as car in build soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok thanks guys - will have a look at Orangewheels as used car wow initially as well as speaking to a few dealers directly, I did think 5% was a bit low.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts