Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I took delivery of my new SQ5 today and whilst it is a fantastic car, I've found out it is a MY13 car and doesn't have DAB fitted.

Has anyone else had this issue?

When I bought it the brochure I was given, and also the e-Brochure said DAB as standard!

Only other change is the addition of a collapsible spare wheel apparently but nonetheless!

Can DAB be retrofitted, and finally does anyone have an MY13 price list with the SQ5 on it?

Regards Ian

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome Ian. Was the car brand new or had it been sitting at a dealers for a while? When did you decide to purchase?

DAB was only standard on MY2014 SQ5's as far as I'm aware, but can be retro-fitted.

I have a valid from April 2013 brochure that lists the SQ5 as £43075 (RRP) and £44055 (OTR).

Hope this helps.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
As estoril says, DAB is defo not standard on MY13.
Most people went for the sound package which was B&O plus DAB.
As you say MY14 DAB is standard.

I guess if you feel it was not made clear to you the car was MY13 and had the spec differences explained then you could make a case with the dealer.

Other small differences we have found on the forum...

MY14 has a red ring around the emblem on the gear stick

MY14 had a software update that allows Bluetooth high prep equipped vehicles to have simultaneous built in SIM for data plus handsfree to your mobile for calls

MY14 has slightly different paddle shifters. You can see some black on them rather then just alloy and they are larger

MY14 has collapsible spare as you say

Can't think of anything else... Anything I missed guys?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
877 Posts
As estoril says, DAB is defo not standard on MY13.
Most people went for the sound package which was B&O plus DAB.
As you say MY14 DAB is standard.

I guess if you feel it was not made clear to you the car was MY13 and had the spec differences explained then you could make a case with the dealer.

Other small differences we have found on the forum...

MY14 has a red ring around the emblem on the gear stick

MY14 had a software update that allows Bluetooth high prep equipped vehicles to have simultaneous built in SIM for data plus handsfree to your mobile for calls

MY14 has slightly different paddle shifters. You can see some black on them rather then just alloy and they are larger

MY14 has collapsible spare as you say

Can't think of anything else... Anything I missed guys?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's right as far as we know. Jury still out on left foot pedal rest for RHD vehicles. Easy way to tell is the infamous red ring on top of the gear selector

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome Ian. Was the car brand new or had it been sitting at a dealers for a while? When did you decide to purchase?

DAB was only standard on MY2014 SQ5's as far as I'm aware, but can be retro-fitted.

I have a valid from April 2013 brochure that lists the SQ5 as £43075 (RRP) and £44055 (OTR).

Hope this helps.
Would also point out that my April 2013 brochure lists DAB as standard so is MY2014 specific, hence the prices.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I understand the MY14 cars were subject to a price rise to take into account DAB fitted as standard. Might be worth checking what price you paid. Obviously if you paid a MY14 price you have a case for DAB to be retrofitted at Audi expense.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the car had been one of their two launch cars, the other being their demo. The dealership is being helpful, so far, and is working with Audi customer services.

Was ordered about a three weeks ago, could only just take delivery as it had to have its holding period expire.

I was not aware it was a MY13 car and was charged MY14 prices! :)

The only dispute is whether it can be retrofitted without invalidating warranty, there are kits but want Audi to approve an OEM solution rather than the generic PURE DAB solution they offer in their parts guide.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would also point out that my April 2013 brochure lists DAB as standard so is MY2014 specific, hence the prices.
So does the April 2013 brochure say DAB is standard? If so is yours an electronic or physical copy?

Thanks....

·
Registered
877 Posts
So does the April 2013 brochure say DAB is standard? If so is yours an electronic or physical copy?

Thanks....
Mine is a physical copy and shows DAB as standard across the Q5 range ( ie listed as standard for the SE variant on which the SQ5 is based). As I said however this appears to be a MY2014 brochure.

I would imagine that this brochure is still the current brochure available in Audi showrooms.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke to Danny at Hazzy Dayz and an OEM DAB upgrade is £775+VAT, waiting to hear back from dealership and Audi CS to see whether they're prepared to contribute.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Spoke to Danny at Hazzy Dayz and an OEM DAB upgrade is £775+VAT, waiting to hear back from dealership and Audi CS to see whether they're prepared to contribute.
The fact you were not made aware it was MY13 and were charged MY14 prices and would say they are obliged to fit it FoC.

Reactions: Estoril SQ5

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Doesn't really matter what the MY year is, you bought 'that' car at an agreed price, not a car from a broucher.
You also clearly had chance to inspect the car before hand

The Edition 2.0 12/12 guide states option QV3 (DAB Radio) is a £305 option.
If you look on the back of the guide it will tell you the version and the MY

I believe i'm safe in saying Audi are planning an Accessory fit kit for DAB kit, i don't know the timelines.

·
Banned
489 Posts
2014MY vehicles were those with a factory build starting from WK22 (w/c 27th May). I ordered my Q5 at the end of March, but the build week was 28, so I paid for 2013MY but got at 2014MY at no extra cost

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine is a physical copy and shows DAB as standard across the Q5 range ( ie listed as standard for the SE variant on which the SQ5 is based). As I said however this appears to be a MY2014 brochure.

I would imagine that this brochure is still the current brochure available in Audi showrooms.
Hang on a minute. So does it actual say in the brochure that it actually comes as standard on the SQ5 as your stating it says it for the SE (as your saying the SQ5 is based on) and across the Q5 range and not the SQ5? Your have to be 100% sure it says in print for the SQ5 in its own right.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The fact you were not made aware it was MY13 and were charged MY14 prices and would say they are obliged to fit it FoC.
Good point as if it was a MY14 car you thought you were getting and paid the price for a MY14 I'm sure they don't have a leg to stand on. What does your order paperwork say or any other paperwork say? Does it say a model etc?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hang on a minute. So does it actual say in the brochure that it actually comes as standard on the SQ5 as your stating it says it for the SE (as your saying the SQ5 is based on) and across the Q5 range and not the SQ5? Your have to be 100% sure it says in print for the SQ5 in its own right.

Just a thought.
It's a MY2014 brochure though

·
Banned
489 Posts
2014MY vehicles were those with a factory build starting from WK22 (w/c 27th May). I ordered my Q5 at the end of March, but the build week was 28, so I paid for 2013MY but got at 2014MY at no extra cost
So your build week was pre week 22, meaning it's been hanging around a while. Showroom demo maybe?

·
Registered
343 Posts
From Memory the £43075 (RRP) and £44055 (OTR) prices relate to the 2014MY, we have a 2013MY SQ5 and the list price was lower than that but as we wanted B&O again we just ordered the Sound pack which still worked out less than the 2014MY - the lack of a space save spare was annoying however. We looked at fitting the DAB to our old car and was quoted a similar amount by Richter in Milton Keynes - decided not to spend as the wife tends to have it on R4 or R2

1 - 20 of 37 Posts